Crash on opera

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 am

Hi,

here are steps to reproduce (on Opera browser) - as you can see it's chromium 57 so it shouldn't cause problems

1. Run construct 3 - works normally
2. Open any project demo - works normally
3. Press menu - works normally
4. Press "About" - crashes opera completely and restarts it. wat?

No need for c3p file, any demo will work.

I love opera and i worked with her forever and since it's a chromium based browser i expected that c3 will work as well. this isn't really a big problem because it's the only thing that crashed for me atm, but i hope you get it working.

bye
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:06 am

Had a look and was a bug in opera, so have filed a bug report with them and disabled the feature in opera only. It's an optional feature so should have little effect on C3. Fix should be in r14.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:43 am

great! thnx,

@Nepeo you just missed to tell me what the problem was? what feature was interfering with c3?

everything else (preview, event sheets, etc.. works normally)
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:31 pm

The feature is related to browser storage. Specifically it requests that the browser not delete files for C3 without asking the user first. So it's important, but doesn't prevent C3 from working.

We store a few things inside the browser; the user interface state, the editors files so it can run without an internet connection and optionally projects. The browser developers haven't really worked out the quirks of storing app like levels of data yet, like transparency to the user. (despite browser storage being around for several years in its current form). So at the moment if you start to run out of disk space, C3 may suddenly have all of its local files deleted, or if you decided to clear your browser cache.

Most of what we store isn't that important; editor files can be downloaded again and UI state is more of a nice to have. But if a user is storing projects in the browser we'd much rather the browser notified them about deleting the files instead of doing it trying to clean up after itself. You can read more here https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2016/06/persistent-storage if your interested.

Opera has the feature, but if you call the equivalent of storage_is_persistent the browser crashes... for some reason.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Return to Closed Bugs