Crash on start up in windows 8

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:27 am

On start up the program crashes, displaying the message "Construct 2 game creator has stopped working" and that bullsh*t about trying to find a solution.

I'd tried to update graphics driver, re-installed the program, installed a beta version, waited for a stable update of the program and re-installed again. Nothing worked.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro Preview, and I'm almost sure that's the problem, since I didn't find nothing similar with my personal experience. The first Construct version I have installed was r 144, now I'm with r 146. I have tried r 144.2, r 145 and r 139 too.

I'm posting this more like a warning, maybe there's a problem with window 8 and 8.1 getting along with construct, and, if that's not the case, I expect to get some solution. BTW, I've tried Steam version and Steam version with beta test on, same results.   
B

Post » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:03 am

Does it crash selecting 'File - New' or 'File - Open' or just right away on startup before any UI even appears? That case has always been the graphics card driver crashing in the past.

I haven't heard of any other reports from other users so far, so it could be a problem with just your system... I've got Windows 8.1 in the office and it runs C2 just fine.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:17 pm

The UI appears, but it crash before I can do anything. It's funny, 'cause some years ago I had Construct installed, and it worked fine. All I've changed since then were my HDD and my Operational System .
Well, when I get home I'll verify my graphic driver again.
Any results I'll reply here.

Thanks for now.

Edit: I'm at work now, and, for coincidence, it crash when I try to open a new projetc, or load a past project. There's already a solution for that?leronir2013-10-03 16:33:10
B

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:44 pm

@leronir - that's a graphics card driver issue; make sure your drivers are up to date.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs