Crashed on loading C2 game.

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Loaded in my current C2 game that is tested and functioning fine in C2 and C3 crashed.

Game is only 60 events and uses no addons or plugins. Few sprites and a couple of sound effects.

Got warning it was limited by free edition. Loaded anyway.

Very slow loading and stopped at 18%. Flashed the viewer screen. Stopped again at 21% and went to black screen.

The loading also stopped the youtube video I had running on another page.

Entire page crashed to google warning that page crashed.

Could not recover page.

May be a result of overload of the C3 website but it appeared to be struggling to load with another webpage like youtube open and significant load lag.

Will try it again with a very simple game under C3 free limit.

Windows 10 latest Chrome update.
64 bit system

Tried again with another C2 game with 44 events. C3 would not open game until I allowed popups. Didn't ask that before. Game screen opened but only white box where game should be.

Tried again with C2 game with less than 20 events. Game opened and ran fine however some lag in my other pages open and youtube video stopped playing.

40 events is not enough to test this with any significant load.
Last edited by lamar on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:14 pm

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Let me rephrase then

Platform informations should be copied from the Menu/About - Platform information
You will notice there are actually more informations in there that can help the devs.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:43 pm

Kyatric wrote:Let me rephrase then

Platform informations should be copied from the Menu/About - Platform information
You will notice there are actually more informations in there that can help the devs.

C3 won't let me copy and paste that info so here are some pics if it helps:

Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Kyatric wrote:Let me rephrase then

I have had significant lag and problems with Chrome cache filling up and crashing at around 400MB for some time with C2 which has been frustrating.

My system is 64 bit running windows 10 and came installed with Chrome so I assumed it would have the 64 bit Chrome version.

After using C3 today I noticed significant lag on loading and two C2 games crashed completely on C3 with other webpages running and youtube video playing

So I downloaded the 64 bit version of Chrome and now everything seems to be running faster.

I have not played around with C3 enough or tried it with C2 yet to see if it helps with lag but I will and this may be an issue to let your users know exists and to update their Chrome and make sure they have the right 32 or 64 bit version installed.

Hope this helps!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 pm

There's very little we can do without a .capx of your C2 project (reducing it to a minimal test case is helpful anyway, and means you don't have to share all your work), or without steps to reproduce. It's also confusing to throw a whole pile of issues in to a single report - it is better to create a separate report for each individual issue, with the full steps to reproduce for each one. This makes it feasible for us to actually be able to investigate and resolve these issues. I'm going to close this report for now, please file separate reports as advised. Thanks!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs