Crashes and events not working

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

1. Construct crashes when I want to preview the game

2. Level events tied to variables (moonitem, demoncheat, etc.) don't work

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kneyanndh3p32 ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

My game: 7 levels (including level select and credits), 1 manual, 1 title screen, and savegame layout.

File is 12.1 MB with music, but I can't upload it with music to Dropbox due to its size.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

1. Open capx

2. Preview game

3. Use items

Observed Result

Construct crashes, items don't work

Expected Result

Construct is stable, items work

Affected Browsers

Firefox 35.0.1

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Vista

Construct 2 Version ID

• I'm 358.2% sure Ashley will close this as non-suitable, since he cannot debug a whole game for you - you need to find the element that makes it crash, make it repeatable and then add it into a small capx.

But in this case I don't even think it's a bug - I could touch the star no problem and kept on moving.

Also, what do you mean - Construct crashes? - does it show an error message (if so, what is it?), does it just hang, does it just close?

• I don't know what causes Construct to crash or why the variables aren't working. I've tried reordering the events, but it still doesn't work. When Construct crashes, I get an error message that keeps popping up every second until the program closes.

• What is the error? Can you copy the error message here or take a screenshot of it?

• I don't know how, but now I've realized I've lost a lot of work because Construct isn't saving anymore! I hit Save, close the program, reopen it, and nothing is saved.

• I haven't experienced any crashes today. Events still not working, but working on that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines, and please stick to one bug per report.

Crash: can't reproduce. Please check your graphics drivers are up to date.

.capx: You have over 150 events. To prove the issue is a bug in Construct 2, and not the very common case where people submit their own mistaken events as bugs, please provide a minimal .capx as per the guidelines.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)