Crashes

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Whenever i TRY (emphasis on the "try") to import a spritesheet, it crashes and won't close or respond unless i go to the task manager and "force stop" it

Attach a Capx

I haven't been able to make one as it crashes whenever i try

Description of Capx

a side scroller (meant to be)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Try to import a spritesheet?

otherwise N/A

Observed Result

Freeze and crash

Expected Result

import spritesheet, or crash

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (/NO)
    • FireFox: (/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

construct 2 r239

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, nothing we can do unless you follow the bug report guidelines. You could provide the spritesheet image you are importing and the exact steps for how you import it and the settings you choose.

• Ashley - being very familiar with this bug, any image will do. Or not. An image will upload successfully one moment, then not the other. The likelihood of the image being an issue is, having observed this error for a long time, 0. I could upload some images to make you happy, but all of them would as likely upload succesfully on my system as they would crash C2, so I don't much see the point.

You also don't get access to any settings options. It hangs before getting to the dialog where you input the spritesheet cell dimensions. I have observed occasions where the hang has solved itself after a few minutes and I am shown the dialog where cell dimensions may be entered - although these have been rare. More often than not I give it two minutes, then force-close and re-open C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)