Create a survival

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Hello guys, I want to create a survival game.

A brief description:
You spawn on a map(a huge map smth like minecraft world, tile based) and you must find your way to survive, cut trees, kill beasts, eat etc.
You will see you character from a third persion camera that is above you and ponited at you, smth like a birds eye.

I have to store objects position on the map, because the player will have the ability to drop items, and create wherever he wants.

I want to know if anyone ever tried to do smth like this and some ideas on how to create the map and how to create a positioning system.

I will apreciate any advice and if anyone would like to help me create the engine and make it public, please tell me.

Btw.. I found a game that suits my vision: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:10 am

That would be really easy !
The only thing here is that unless @r0j0hound or @yann shows up , it would take you a lot of time to get the minecraft-style randomizing+saving system
It would be hard but possible ...
I have a little idea 'bout that but I won't be able to code it or achieve it ... ( School , Time , Personnal projects )

Another thing you want to know , the 3rd person view is only the 8-direction behavior with some animations to create an illusion !

Maybe , if this issue isn't solved before tommorow , I'll be able to help ya !

Cheers !Whiteclaws2012-12-18 00:11:14
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am

thx for the replay,
The biggest problem I have is the deph of field, it looks like C2 is not going to support the render tech needed... I must come up with smth
xD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 am

Explain , man , C2 can support any game in 2d but no 3d is available and won't be available
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?