Create a Verticle Scrolling action platformer

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 pm

I have been working for the last week on a GDD for a platformer.

I would love to be able to pull off a randomly spawning verticle scrolling platformer. With randomly spawning levels, I have issues figuring out how to get a checkpoint system working, and also having a consistent scoring system.

Has anyone successfully compiled a game with these mechanics? If I can't figure it out, I may have to design each level manually, killing the replay value.
B

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm

If I press file > new, I can see the mechanics for a vertical scroller appear as a template. Do you get that?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm

AnD4D has pointed out a good example, but if you want more complex generation of 'terrain', check out my thread here.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 am

I have played with the verticle template, and also the infinite jumper template and I would like to merge those concepts together while also having a score based on how high the player gets. Also I am worried about "checkpoints" and respawning with a randomly generated system.
B

Post » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Check out this plugin here: http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-randomplus_topic45261.html

When using a random seed, you can just save the seed number when you reach a checkpoint, then next time you use the saved seed it will generate the same level.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?