Create layer on multiple layouts

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Without this feature expandability of projects and making updates and UI changes are spectacularly long-winded.

This certainly is a feature that needs to be implemented. I want to add an inventory system but I do not want to copy and paste the same rules to multiple layouts... instead I would rather just include the event sheet or include the layer... Life would be made so much easier if I could include the layer... i also saw no way to control the layer order in event sheets.
tsugaruddr2014-01-05 17:56:29
B

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:07 pm

[QUOTE=tsugaruddr] Without this feature expandability of projects and making updates and UI changes are spectacularly long-winded.

This certainly is a feature that needs to be implemented. I want to add an inventory system but I do not want to copy and paste the same rules to multiple layouts... instead I would rather just include the event sheet or include the layer... Life would be made so much easier if I could include the layer... i also saw no way to control the layer order in event sheets.
[/QUOTE]

:\

I have an eventsheet for inventory, and an eventsheet for HUD items, which both create everything needed on any layout at layout start.
even the control panels for the inventory get created.

I just include the desired eventsheet, and voila, my layout has an inventory.

I build my inventory sheet like so, that I only need to add certain component to a new project, and I can simply copy paste the event sheet contents to another project.

Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:17 pm

@tsugaruddr
you can already do an include for Event Sheets. Events sheets are really a non issue.

As for layout creation among all layouts. It's not needed. HOWEVER the idea of a LAYER INCLUDE. So I don't believe that the OP suggestion is needed. Actually it's not. But the idea of creation a LAYER that can be done with an INCLUDE like an EVENT sheet would actually be pretty nifty feature. It would work for HUDS pretty well.

But the question is. is it worth the time and effort. Right now it's best to design 1 layout as a test layout. Implement all the features. copy and strip the copy to it's template level and then just copy/paste the template layout.

There is also the mentioned programmatic LAYER. This then only requires the OP to go through his current Layouts and add an empty layer at the top. And include a HUD Event sheet in the main game ES. Then it's all a go.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?