i whonder how to do the following:
within a certain time, i.e. 30 seconds, i wanna create a certain number of sprites (lets say 20) spread on 9 points.
Imagine: 3 columns & 3 rows, so there are 9 objects in the grid .
1. the sprites are to be created randomly on these 9 points
2. the sprites shouldnt appear in a foreseeable intervall, so i guess it must be something like:
"create the second item after the first was created (and so on), within a time of (i.e.)2 seconds",
but it should be a random time-value, otherwise it`s boring.
3. it`s not allowed to create more than 1 object at the same time (this would be unfair towards the player).
4. it`s not allowed to create more than 1 object at the same time at the same position.
My idea was to store 9 x&y coordinates with the sprites within an array.
But as i read it`s not possible to store sprites in an array,right?
So, i guess i have to store the 9 x/y values and connect them/ make a bridge to the sprite-instances?!
This is a crucial point for me right now.(just one of plenty )
I think (maybe to simple):
- i create an array with 9 values
- each array-value [from 0-8] has specific x & y values-
-choose randomly array-value
...but hell...how do i do this ?
Thanks for reading, suggestions, hints....