Create your own dragons with Create-A-Dragon

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:49 pm

http://www.dragonflame.us/cad.php

A 3-month collaboration between myself and Cryofaze of DeviantArt. You can make your own dragons, save them, export them, share them with your friends :). Keeping the memory footprint to a minimum while using over 1500 different dragon parts and an approach based on stacked 600x600 pixel layers turned out to be the hardest technical challenge, which I addressed using an external preloader and fetching images from the server instead of building everything into the project.

This is our second Construct 2 collaboration (http://www.dragonflame.us/dragon_blaster.php being the first). I think we'll try a real game next, though it may be a few months.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Wow very good Dragon generator!, one thing that image loading 50 images of 1500 scares me, can't create something to just show the %? and also an image showing something while loading?

Very good music in dragon blaster by the way :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Real cool! :) I hoped I could use it for Dungeon Mastering but the dragons I came up with were all a little bit too cute for it. Nice job, though.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:03 am

katzin wrote:Wow very good Dragon generator!, one thing that image loading 50 images of 1500 scares me, can't create something to just show the %? and also an image showing something while loading?

Very good music in dragon blaster by the way :)

I updated the background loader to use a progress bar and not show the total number of images. It also auto-hides after a few seconds after loading is complete. I hope this is less scary 8-)
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 pm

I HAD SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FREAKIN' FUN PLAYING THIS!!!! A little slow pace for me but over all great animation and effects, sounds and what I love the most was the fact that you couldn't move and shoot at the same time which makes you raise you skill level to stay alive.

I want to learn the repeating screen effect because I want to use it in the future.

Nice Work
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:34 am

I love this. Great work.
Founder of HeroicTek
HeroicTek.com
Owner of HeroicDomains
HeroicDomains.com
B
S