Creating Jump Button????

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:02 am

I previously mentioned this in a different post so, apologies for asking again. I didn't understand the answer i got in the other one :? haha

I'm creating an android game therefore requires no mouse or keyboard, just touch.
I want a button to be on the screen which when touched causes the player to jump.

I created the button which is a 'sprite' and used the touch system which is as follows;

On touched object (button) - action = simulate platform - pressing jump

This doesn't seem to work????
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:45 am

see attached file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:44 am

Thanks so much guys. I Figured out what the problem was. The platform that the player was standing on was a moving platform (i created a scrolling background with 'solid' behaviour to give off the impression that the player was running. For some reason this stopped the player from jumping (not a clue why).

So i solved it by keeping everything the same except i created another solid object with '0' opacity making it invisible. I placed the object just above the moving platform so that the player was ever so slightly above the moving platform stopping him from interacting with it. The player now Jumps :D :D :D thanks so much for your help as well!!!
B
S

Return to How do I....?