Creating new sprites?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:19 pm

[quote="Ashley":2mwgudva][quote="newt":2mwgudva]Would that be doable with a custom plugin?[/quote:2mwgudva]
No, there is no interface provided to plugins to do this, and the runtime doesn't support it. The SDK doesn't have the capability to fundamentally change the way the runtime works, it merely communicates.

Besides, if you could, how would you add events to the new object type? It couldn't possibly appear in the event sheet editor.[/quote:2mwgudva]

Yeah It would be a pain, then you'd probably have to implement a target object, and that pretty much makes the whole idea pointless.

Perhaps just a generic sprite importer/ exporter for layouts? :P
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 am

[quote="newt":11i2kt9n]

Perhaps just a generic sprite importer/ exporter for layouts? :P[/quote:11i2kt9n]

this. all of this.
B
G

Post » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:17 pm

why do they have to load dynamically? i dont get it. loading them at runtime isnt what you need for tilemaps, placing them at runtime is what you need.

but
if you have the ambition to make a tile dynamic loader thing. why not make a bunch of instances of a sprite with 1000 2x2 pixel sprites, and all behaviors added to it. then it wont take up much vram, and you can load the needed frames at runtime. if you need a different behavior disable all the others and enable the one you need. easier said than done, but no harder than what youre thinking of
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Like Ashley said there's no way to do it, especially since you cant point an event at something that doesn't exist.

So obviously using a blank or target object is the only way to do it.

We just need better tools to do that, and to tell the difference between the instances.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Yea - i understand its runtime only at this point heh - this has been answered at least 5 different times and I think people are assuming I didnt get it the first time :P

Anyway... whats needed now is yes - better tools.

Also - as for dynamic loading I have a situation where we have an immense amount of data and want to develop a modular system where artists can import/test without needing to open up the Construct IDE. (Not just tiles - characters and what not)
B
G

Post » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:56 pm

[quote="Mitch":uit3w6zu]Yea - i understand its runtime only at this point heh - this has been answered at least 5 different times and I think people are assuming I didnt get it the first time :P
[/quote:uit3w6zu]
don't you get it?
it just can't be done
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion