Creating Power-Ups for Autorunner

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm trying to create powerups for my Autorunner game but i can't get it to work.

The problem i'm having is that i can't get the powerups to appear where i want them to or get them to stay in one place. When i create a powerup, it moves across the screen along with the background.

I can set what the powerups do when my player collides with the power up, but i can't set the positions of the powerups.

I have read some tutorials/posts on powerups but none that have helped me with an auto runner game where the powerups occur every so often on a moving screen.

Could someone please show/explain to me how it's done with the Autorunner Template?

I hope i've made it clear what i'm trying to acheive, i'm finding it a bit difficult to explain this properly for some reason so i hope you can understand what i'm after.

Thanks
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Can you upload sample capx?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 pm

I can't provide a capx on what i did as i don't have access to it right now and it's over 2mb so i can't add it here unfortunately.

I've provided a capx i quickly did but all i've really done is add a sprite and given it a solid behaviour. Then in the event, when the player collides with the sprite, it adds 1000 to the TotalDistance variable. This is with the Autorunner Template.

I don't know how to make it randomly appear in a way that suits an autorunner game. Also, the sprite moves to the right along with the screen, i want it to stay in one place but can't find the right way of doing it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:38 pm

You don't need to add solid to the powerUp.

Check the last events in the capx, I hope this what you need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks, this is what i need. Is there a way of keeping the power up to stay in one place rather than move the the left of the screen?
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:42 pm

If you are using bullet behavior on everything just turn it off or set it to a different value for powerups....
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:39 pm

I am using bullet behaviour on backgrounds so they scroll but when i turn off bullet behaviour on the power up, it stays in one place on the screen but travels along with the background so thats no good. Even if i set the bullet to zero, it does the same thing....
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Sorry to bump this but can anyone help out?
B
S

Return to How do I....?