Creating UI windows in-game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:59 am

Hey everyone!

I've been messing around with Construct2 for a few hours now and want to create a market the player can visit. As such, I'm trying to create a window with item lists, boxes where players can enter amounts and buttons and the purchase items, which would deduct from a currency instance variable.

Is there a way to create an actual UI window, or must it be replicated through spawning text, textbox and button objects with a background layer to mimic a window (I've not tried that, just a thought I had).

I've been searching for a while (in tutorials, the manual and forums) and haven't managed to turn anything up from the forums. Some pointers as to if this is possible would be greatly appreciated.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:40 am

There a guy is developing a plugin about UI

http://www.scirra.com/forum/desktop-simulator-in-c2_topic62098.html
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:52 am

That looks great, I'll be sure to keep an eye on its development. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Return to How do I....?