Critics about R82

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi,
I've taken a look to the regional communities page...

Well, obviously (as one might imagine) the italian community is the only one listed that hasn't a forum, has nothing to discuss, zero articles, just a copy/paste tutorial translated in a discutible italian language... and a lot of advertisement (to make money) in home page...

Sorry, this is the typical italian way to do this things... exploting the name of others stevenworks2012-03-21 14:14:47
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:20 pm

If you're gonna localize Construct to more languages, just make sure to research which languages you need to translate it to. It wouldn't be necessary in any scandinavian country for example, to us translations are hurting us, not helping. We do not need or want translations and the game industry knows this and just gives us pretty much all games in English.

Some insist to translate to Swedish. For reasons unknown, a lot of open source software devs does this and throw horrible translations at us. When we google stuff, Swedish wikipedia articles shows up on top which are often absolute crap. It's very strange in a country where everybody except very young kids and and a few pensioners can speak English.Nifflas2012-03-21 14:23:29
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:53 pm

I also feel the same way as I have mentioned earlier in this topic. I don't think any nordic country would need translations. Like with firefox there's no hope, It won't let me change the language into english. I do understand that there is a big market with non-english speaking world.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:05 pm

The technical aspect of translations is language-neutral - we just need to modify C2 to load strings from an XML file and then it works for any language. The installer will also allow you to pick your language so if you prefer you can still stick to English. And we won't be doing translations ourselves, so it shouldn't tie up any more of our time than the technical side. So I hope you see this means Scirra isn't going to be losing any time over translations that some countries don't need, nor will we be forcing any particular language on anyone.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:13 pm

[QUOTE=nemo]Like with firefox there's no hope, It won't let me change the language into english.[/QUOTE]

@nemo: Been there, you need to download a different language version, very annyoning I know. Link: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.htmlNimtrix2012-03-21 16:37:10
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks Nimtrix
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:45 am

It's a experiment as I can see this new option to translate, but still is an expensive time to invest on this when the developer could adding new features that would make games better..

I agree with this topic.. English is a worldwide language, every program I use to create stuffs are in english and I'm brazilian.
and even if there was a version of C2 in Portuguese-BR, I would still use the version in English..
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General