Crop fullscreen causing problems with non-scrolling layers?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:30 pm

I think I never really used the "Crop" option for the "Fullscreen in browser" setting before. Now that I have need of it, I noticed that objects on layers with a "Parallax" setting of 0,0 get displaced.

To test this you can simply open the top-down shooter template in Construct 2. The project does have a text object on a non-scrolling layer placed in the top left corner. It does display fine in all fullscreen modes (apart from what you expect to happen when using Scale inner/outer) but "Crop". The text will not show at the top left corner anymore, but appear displaced inside the game area.

This appears to be a glitch to me. :?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:08 am

Can confirm this.

When simply setting the "crop" option and touching no other options the UI Layer in the Top-down shooter template seems to be offset. In the debug it says it has an offset of Viewport Left -640 & Viewport Top of -66.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:37 pm

Since nobody seems to object and declare that this is somehow by design for the "Crop" setting, I went ahead and made a bug report.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:01 pm

We have the same problem. I had to use "CanvasToLayerX/Y" to adjust the static UI pieces to fit the screen. Like this:

1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General