Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:33 pm

We do not have a hudl2 . If you can hook up your device and get the log from ADB/Logcat, that will give us more info to look into
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:44 am

I just got published at Google play and Its strange that the Crosswalk version is so much slower than playing straight from web-page. My game gets really good performance with all of my mobile devices when I play it from web, but the performance drops drastically when using crosswalk.

Google Play

HTML5
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:42 am

@neverk

that's the paradox of Scirra:

jittering Crosswalk is terrible for any serious games,
but CocoonJS was the "bad boy" who was deprecated,

lol :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 pm

@szymek - we are investigating the Crosswalk performance issues. I most cases, users come on here and complain, but do not provide any relevent info. What we need

1) Device testing on
2) OS the device is on
3) APK to test
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:48 pm

on my old Sony Xperia Ray with Android 4.0 the bottle neck with crosswalk apps is the devices memory i think, especially for small games there is big difference in memory requirement, could that be the issue of difference between direct play on web and packed with crosswalk?

on this old device the games packed with "normal" cordova Android build run better then when packed with crosswalk although it has to run on poor android 4.0 webview
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:55 pm

@neverk - i just started another thread trying to track down the performance issues. If you can go there and post the relevant information, it will help the engineers investigate the performance problem. crosswalk-performance-mega-thread_t125842
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:16 am

@imaffett

What is the status of the Crosswalk Player app? Search for "Crosswalk Player" on this page:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... t2_android

I just DL'd it to find it's all the way back on crosswalk version 8. Could we get a v10 version? It's way easier than having to re-export and rebuild in XDK, which is an insanely overcomplicated workflow during heavy development.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:57 am

Hey!
I've just updated Intel XDK. When I open it, I get this message:
3.png

What should I select?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:00 pm

grigrizljac wrote:Hey!
I've just updated Intel XDK. When I open it, I get this message:
3.png

What should I select?

HTML5+Cordova ;)
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:07 am

TiAm wrote:@imaffett

What is the status of the Crosswalk Player app? Search for "Crosswalk Player" on this page:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... t2_android

I just DL'd it to find it's all the way back on crosswalk version 8. Could we get a v10 version? It's way easier than having to re-export and rebuild in XDK, which is an insanely overcomplicated workflow during heavy development.

I'll ask Brandon (I share an office with him). If you get App Preview from the Intel XDK, we use Crosswalk 10 in it. It will auto-install for you if you go to the debug tab and try testing.
Intel Corporation
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General