Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:22 pm

@Rable
I used this one >>http://help.shatter-box.com/wiki/android-apk-signing-tool-apk-signer/<< click the download button under where it says download apk signer (even though the button is labeled Intel XDK)

Make sure you have java sdk/jdk installed and double click the .jar file within the zip archive to open apk signer.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks a lot @mercedescolomar !
However, I just discovered this thread how-do-i-sign-align-an-app_t125055?&hilit=sign+and+align in which I can read that manually signing is not mandatory. If I really just need to check the "signed" checkbox in order to have ads and IAP working, I'd rather keep it simple. But if for whatever reason I need to sign manually, I'd be sure to follow your advices.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:35 pm

***IMPORTANT ADMOB PLUGIN UPDATE**

Sorry needed everyone's attention here. Last month Google updated their AdMob SDK to v7
https://developers.google.com/mobile-ad ... /rel-notes

In one of their FAQ they say, the new SDK improves revenue across countries that yield (VERY) low earnings.
eg: For Philippines I get approx 1200 Impression per day, and my Earning here is only between $0.22 to $0.33!!

YES... THAT low

So my question is, does INTEL XDK, automatically includes the latest SDK from Google or do we have to manually reference it somewhere?
Or does the official AdMob plugin require change in the code to include the latest version of the SDK???
Hope someone can help :)
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:39 am

Since this thread is about Crosswalk experiences, I'd like to share mine. I had given up on Crosswalk almost a year ago for mobile development, but just yesterday I gave it a chance, just to see if it might work better than CocoonJS Canvas+ now that it's been some time. I was impressed with how far the Intel XDK had come. The interface seemed a little more intuitive and it was easier to get a build. But once I tested the .apk, I immediately started laughing, in a cynical, horrible way.

My first thoughts were: What a joke! Not only did my compiled game stay stuck for 5 minutes with the C2 loader, but once it loaded, the game was pixely. It was rendering at a lower resolution. On top of that, it was slow and janky. So not only did it fail to perform as well as Canvas+ fps-wise, but it introduced new graphical and loading issues that made it far worse. It was laughable. It did even worse than it had done when I tested it a year or so ago.

Now that it's a been a day or two and I've recovered from the agony of the situation, and considering that people have claimed to use Crosswalk successfully for their games, I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and assume I screwed up the configuration somewhere. But yeah, that's my story. I'm going to stick to CJS Canvas+ for now.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:41 am

Hmm
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:28 am

Rable wrote:Thanks a lot @mercedescolomar !
However, I just discovered this thread how-do-i-sign-align-an-app_t125055?&hilit=sign+and+align in which I can read that manually signing is not mandatory. If I really just need to check the "signed" checkbox in order to have ads and IAP working, I'd rather keep it simple. But if for whatever reason I need to sign manually, I'd be sure to follow your advices.

Just remember, if you need to manually sign you will need the keystore, and I do not know if you can download it from the XDK, your game needs to be always signed with the same keystore to be able to be updated on google play.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:09 am

@Dalal

Ashley suggests using Crosswalk because he says that it is more reliable and stable than CocoonJS Canvas+, and it has WebRTC, DOM etc.

Unfortunetly in real world, for many developers it's more important to have FAST & SMOOTH game than i.e. use WebRTC. And as far as I know (reading this forum) Crosswalk has also memory issues or 4x slower audio decoding. And Crosswalk always will be slower than CocoonJS Canvas+ just because browsers are not created for gaming, lol.

So from one hand we have Ashley who can wait years for development of browsers - because he is already earning on Construct 2, and we have dissapointed developers who can't wait months / years for some 3rd party miracles.

So it would be nice if Ashley would have more realistic approach. Especially when i.e. @Ludei asked him for meeting.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:01 pm

shinkan wrote:XDK 1878

Everytime I click on Debug I got this

After pressing "Install It Now" it's downloading and then shows me this

It used to work fine with my Samsung Galaxy S3, now I'm unable to do any test via USB cable.

USB Debug still not works in XDK 1912.
Now it wants me to install App Preview Crosswalk 0.22 - but again it fails to install it. Anybody???
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:21 pm

CW 11 and CW 12 are available in Intel XDK
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:35 am

Can we use the Crosswalk 11 and 12 in IntelXDX? How's the performance compare with Crosswalk 10?

Anyone try already?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General