Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 11:44 am

Yes...the email sent from Google was by mistake
Recently we sent you a notification that one or more of your apps should be upgraded to more recent version of OpenSSL, due to security vulnerabilities. The notification was sent in error, and we thank you for previously making the necessary changes to your app.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 9:30 pm

@imaffett
Again, thank you for your assistance and the speed on solving that issue!
But if I may asking you one more question, about that XDK Debugger thing from this post

https://www.scirra.com/forum/crosswalk-intel-xdk-experiences_p908852?#p908852

It used to work fine with my phone but in current XDK version (and previous one too) it just stopped and keep telling me to install this app on my phone. But after downloading it just gives me a "fail" screen.

Debugger option is the closest thing I could get to test my projects on my phone without doing the build - quality and performance is almost the same in debugger and proper build.
And XDK Emulate never worked as good as debugger.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:
Recently we sent you a notification that one or more of your apps should be upgraded to more recent version of OpenSSL, due to security vulnerabilities. The notification was sent in error, and we thank you for previously making the necessary changes to your app.

Regards,
Google Play Team

©2015 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.

Now I got this from Google. Has anyone else recieved this from them? I haven't changed a thing.

This is way too vague...does this mean we can upload new cw7 apps to google play? That existing apps get a pass?

Also, this part strikes me as odd: "... we thank you for previously making the necessary changes to your app..."

What changes?

Methinks the issue is still clouded... :|
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello ! I have some problems with the build of my little game and I read a few posts here but I'm kinda lost :(

So this is my log if it can helps

The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.
You can view the log of the Android build here
Build Log:
Building a Cordova 4.1.2 application.
The application name is "ClaperAndroidTest1"
The package name is "not.yet.specified"
Plugin "org.apache.cordova.device" (0.2.13) installed.
Plugin "org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" (0.3.5) installed.
App name updated to [ClaperAndroidTest1]
Updated "minSdkVersion" with "10"
Updated "targetSdkVersion" with "19"
Updated "installLocation" to "auto"
Updated "versionCode" to "1"
Updated "versionName" to "0.0.1"
Added "debuggable" to "false"
An unexpected error occured while attempting to build the application.

I don't know at all what is wrong, I have checked my assets, ticked the options recommanded by scirra for Android export, but I'm stuck when it's builing.
B
S

Post » Mon May 11, 2015 9:54 am

TiAm wrote:
Anonnymitet wrote:

Regards,
Google Play Team

©2015 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.

Now I got this from Google. Has anyone else recieved this from them? I haven't changed a thing.

This is way too vague...does this mean we can upload new cw7 apps to google play? That existing apps get a pass?

Also, this part strikes me as odd: "... we thank you for previously making the necessary changes to your app..."

What changes?

Methinks the issue is still clouded... :|

The open ssl notification still hasnt been removed for me either in my developers account.... wish they would properly confirm this....
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 pm

I received again this information from Google, they will remove my app in July if I don't fix it.
I was trying to rebuild my application using Crosswalk 10 but it crashes a lot.
Does anyone have a good solution for this problem?
Thank you!
B
S

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 9:04 pm

I contacted google and this is what they sent me..... Would like people at intel to find a way to resolve this as all other crosswalk versions are real slow and horrid performance....

"Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support about the security alert you received with regard to using a highly vulnerable version of OpenSSL.

We are aware that some developers who have already updated their apps received this alert in error. We’ve reached out to these developers to update them with correct information regarding their apps. We sincerely apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

If you received an OpenSSL notification email, please check your Developer Console for any apps that display a notification. For apps that display a notification, please migrate the app(s) to an updated version of OpenSSL within 60 days of the email notification you received. Beginning 7/7/15, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps and updates that use older, unsupported versions of OpenSSL (see below for details).

The vulnerabilities were fixed in OpenSSL versions beginning with 1.0.1h, 1.0.0m, and 0.9.8za. To confirm your OpenSSL version, you can do a grep via:
$ unzip -p YourApp.apk | strings | grep "OpenSSL"

To confirm that you’ve upgraded correctly, upload the updated version of the app(s) to the Developer Console and check back after five hours to see that the alert is gone.

For more information about the vulnerability, please see this OpenSSL Security Advisory: https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt

For other technical questions about managing OpenSSL, please use https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... nssl.users or http://www.stackoverflow.com/questions.

Regards,
Jeff
Google Play Developer Support
Did you know we offer chat support in English? Chat with us from Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PT by going to https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... #contact=1"
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 10:51 pm

@CanGame (and everyone)

Crosswalk Export: TLDR edition:

I asked Intel. They said "ask Google".

Asked Google. They said "won't fix, ask Crosswalk":

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... 1430679226

Asked Crosswalk. They said "won't fix, roll your own crosswalk":

https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-4158

I asked myself...where do I get the time to do this?

In other news: A fix is on the way...but who knows when:

crosswalk-performance-mega-thread_p913870?#p913870

Meanwhile: Google is sending out conflicting emails to devs with cw7 apps on google play:

intel-xdk-openssl-fixed_t130231

crosswalk-intel-xdk-experiences_p914746?#p914746

Your game is fine. Your game will be taken down.

...Please clarify?

Sorry Dave, we can't do that.

. . . :x

This just in: Deploying C2 games to low-end android devices is a freaking nightmare. Always has been, always will be.

I'm throwing in the towel and targeting powerful devices only; CW12 is good enough for that.

Next step: iOS...and start learning Unity. :geek:
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 11:11 pm

I managed to make the audio work well: put them in the sound folder and marked yes for "pre-loading sounds."It's Working properly now without changing any code.
B

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 6:14 am

i dont know its strange that after years of winning about cocoon js, from the day scirra "break out" with them and typically points at xdk as the best solution things get harder for android exports... now cocoon js seems like more solid for export to android..xdk is slower and reading here the comments has many problems too.

last night ludei send me an email entitled "The new Cocoon based on Cordova is coming soon...‏". i always criticize them about performance cause their games (tic tac toe, basketball) are very simple and light weight so it was a reason to run smoothly but now in their email i saw games like "hadron wars" and "firewater cowboy chase" and "Caça Biscoitos" wich are very rich in assets and complicated enough and seems to run flawlessly. maybe after all the xdk "wait and see it will become the best wrapper" is miles away in performance from cocoon js. maybe scirra should reconsider the relationship with them again.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General