Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi everybody, I don't know if I'm in the right spot, but because we are talking about performance, here's what I tested:

I exported my project with Cordova and I used a apk builder found in this website: www mrchay com/projects/HTML5toAPK (add the dots in the URL). It uses a shrank Intel XDK/Crosswalk builder...and it's FAST! It contains some minor bugs (like some font errors), but it's the fastest thing I tested so far ! (as fast as CocoonJS and way faster than CocoonIO and Intel XDK).

I want to put the latest Crosswalk 15 beta version in it, so maybe the wrapper could be better, but I'm not a coder at all, so I'm limited!

Maybe somebody could try this method and share his experience.
B
24
S
6
Posts: 64
Reputation: 1,436

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:34 pm

irbis wrote:METHOD 1:
1. Export your Construct 2 via Intel XDK + Crosswalk as you did before
2. Unpack .apk into folder
3. Decompile AndroidManifest.xml
4. Change permisions
5. Recompile AndroidManifest.xml again. But now its not "signed" anymore, and won't instal on mobiles.
6. Get it "signed"
7. Pack the files back into .apk again and get the .apk "Zipsigned".
The last two step can be done with this tutorial:
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/861/ho ... id-app-apk
Took me about an hour to finish.

METHOD 2:
1. Pinpoint Crosswalk HQ
2. Put it on fire :evil:
3. Refuse to put down the fire untill they'll come up with a solution or means for us to change the permisions setting by ourself.


Can you be more specific about the Method #1:, steps 3, 4 and 5?
I have to say that I like the method #2 :)
B
89
S
28
G
11
Posts: 652
Reputation: 11,428

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:37 am

Iolva wrote:Can you be more specific about the Method #1:, steps 3, 4 and 5?
I have to say that I like the method #2 :)

Actually doing enough noise apparently worked! :D
https://lists.crosswalk-project.org/pip ... html#start
Thanks for explaining how the tool works. Like I said, Crosswalk shouldn’t enforce anything else than the minimum set of permissions, the rest should be up to the user. I’m actually surprised nobody complained about the camera etc. before if those are enabled by default.
We’ll work with the XDK team to fix this.
Francesco

Thanks for your patient propose.
We are discussing with XDK team to dynamically configure those permissions
Thanks,
Junwei.

As for recompiling back the apk:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/commen ... ify_an_apk

I would like to add, that beside the initial comunication problems - the guys over Intel/Crosswalk are exceptional nice, polite and reasonable. Ah, I wish Node WebKit team would learn from them. Or Google Chrome... I still see unchecked bug reports on their platform... from a year ago.
B
28
S
8
G
7
Posts: 643
Reputation: 6,457

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:52 am

Hi everyone,

I just tried Android Crosswalk today and it seems acting weird. In my first build when the game started it had no music only sound effects and now when I build it gives error "An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." I tried several times and it happens. Any ideas??
B
19
S
6
Posts: 179
Reputation: 2,202

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:20 pm

volcank wrote:Hi everyone,

I just tried Android Crosswalk today and it seems acting weird. In my first build when the game started it had no music only sound effects and now when I build it gives error "An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." I tried several times and it happens. Any ideas??

hi,
my musics not working too :cry:
B
16
S
6
Posts: 243
Reputation: 1,755

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:34 pm

This used to work..
I have exported, using the Mobile/Cordoba selection, and with the options the tutorial itself say.

I import the proyect, the Intel XDK show the files, but i get NOTHING more than a black screen, it doesnt work at all.. Anyone have passed through this?

I have reimported, re exported the proyect using every posible conbination and still BLANK screen... In Construct2, RUN LAYOUT and DEBUG WORKS well...

Any cooment?
B
11
S
2
G
2
Posts: 68
Reputation: 2,298

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Arcanebits wrote:This used to work..
I have exported, using the Mobile/Cordoba selection, and with the options the tutorial itself say.

I import the proyect, the Intel XDK show the files, but i get NOTHING more than a black screen, it doesnt work at all.. Anyone have passed through this?

I have reimported, re exported the proyect using every posible conbination and still BLANK screen... In Construct2, RUN LAYOUT and DEBUG WORKS well...

Any cooment?

use crosswalk
B
16
S
6
Posts: 243
Reputation: 1,755

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:17 pm

@mahdi71 Hi! I just solved it thanx to @BackendFreak he helped me on this situation. Just drag and drop your music files from your "music" folder to the "sound" folder inside Construct2 before exporting. That fixed the music issue with me.

Check this thread

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=156237&p=974771#p974771
B
19
S
6
Posts: 179
Reputation: 2,202

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:26 pm

mahdi71 wrote:
Arcanebits wrote:This used to work..
I have exported, using the Mobile/Cordoba selection, and with the options the tutorial itself say.

I import the proyect, the Intel XDK show the files, but i get NOTHING more than a black screen, it doesnt work at all.. Anyone have passed through this?

I have reimported, re exported the proyect using every posible conbination and still BLANK screen... In Construct2, RUN LAYOUT and DEBUG WORKS well...

Any cooment?

use crosswalk


As I said before... used every conbination posible and no diference... Crosswalk, pgap... everything
anyone?
B
11
S
2
G
2
Posts: 68
Reputation: 2,298

Post » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:03 pm

@Arcanebits How do you import the project?? The way I follow is always I say START A NEW PROJECT with blue plus button. After that I I click Import your HTML 5 CodeBase and then select the folder. This way always works for me.
B
19
S
6
Posts: 179
Reputation: 2,202

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests