Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:33 pm

@nichekeys - an interesting thing that I noticed is that in xdk when I add the media plugin, it will play my game's looping song ONCE, then stop. Not sure what the issue is there...
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:00 am

nichekeys wrote:
Big Infinity wrote:I also can't play music in standard XDK - did anyone figure out what the issue is?

if android < 5.x = add media plugin for build
if android >= 5.x = no add media plugin

I managed to get my music to play on XDK by upgrading to CW15 (CLI5.1.1) Performance looks great too
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:59 am

For the last 25 h I had to build with intelXDK and is taking very long to build. It shows the building waiting screen and after 10-15 minutes it does not show the build success + log, it shoes again the green "Build App Now" button, but this time is does not click (it changes color when hover, but accept that nothing else.) I think all this starting to happen after deleted some unused games using AppCenter. I will test some more, but t is really annoying , because I want to make some changes to my game and I want t make them one at the time, then build to test leaderboards and achievements. I will test some more, maybe is just something temporary, but at this hour in the morning (4 AM UK time) builds usually where faster. I use v 2548
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:38 am

SamRock wrote:
nichekeys wrote:
Big Infinity wrote:I also can't play music in standard XDK - did anyone figure out what the issue is?

if android < 5.x = add media plugin for build
if android >= 5.x = no add media plugin

I managed to get my music to play on XDK by upgrading to CW15 (CLI5.1.1) Performance looks great too

how did you change cordova to CLI5.1.1 ?
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:33 am

@mahdi71
Under the XDK build setting you will see the option to switch to different CLI.
Will try to posts screenshot but its very visible if you goto the tab
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:07 pm

SamRock wrote:@mahdi71
Under the XDK build setting you will see the option to switch to different CLI.
Will try to posts screenshot but its very visible if you goto the tab

oh that easy ? i thought you changed the html files ! thanks
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:44 am

Big Infinity wrote:@DonRIF is it really fast for android as well as iOS?

Didn't try iOS yet!
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:20 pm

@imaffett @IntelRobert I am having issue building with latest IntelXDK version 2548 for the last 2-3 days. I hit the green Build App Now, the building spinning wheel is showing, then after 10-15 minutes the wheel is disappearing. No build log no nothing, is showing the same screen with the green button, but this time is does not do anything. When checking the email, I have the 2 apk ready to download with no problem. Also, from what I can remember it took only couple of minutes to build, not it takes at least 10 minutes. I deleted some apps using appcenter.html5tools-software and possibly the issue started after that, I don't know exactly. My user name is Cipriux and email cipriux[at].gmail.com
Please let me know if it's only me or not.
Ah, and sometimes it's shows "An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." If I hit the green button again, its builds ok. Random stuff
Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Since i've updated to CLI 5.1.1, the in-app browser plugin has stopped working, more specifically, when trying to redirect a user to a URL such as my app's home page. When i press a button to go to the home page, nothing happens.

I'm facing this issue with CLI 5.1.1 only as it works fine with 4.1.2 or older.

Is anyone else facing this issue or know who to fix it?

I should note that i'm using Construct r212.2, i have tried it with the beta r215 but with no luck, not only does the browser not work but my admob ads stopped working too with the beta version.

Thanks.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Is anyone else who is unable to build with IntelXDK for the last 2-3 days? It drives me crazy. It only generates the apk 1 out of 2-3 build requests.
Last edited by Cipriux on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General