Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:00 am

@ALI3D69, XDK build integrated with Crosswalk variant is a complicated system, including lots of dependencies. We are working on it and make it ready as soon as possible. I think @IntelRobert may share more details to you.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 am

bscarl88 wrote:@hmin
Also, how to I put both x86 version and ARM on google play?

The two APK files inside the ZIP are named as follows:

1. YourAppName.android.crosswalk.x86.timestamp.apk, e.g., CrosswalkExampleApp.android.crosswalk.x86.20140418132640.apk
2. YourAppName.android.crosswalk.arm.timestamp.apk , e.g., CrosswalkExampleApp.android.crosswalk.arm.20140418132745.apk

This Google Play Store* Submission Process document will walk you through the process of submitting multiple APKs to the Google Play Store for distribution under a single application listing. By following this procedure you insure that your Crosswalk application is available to the widest consumer audience. The store will automatically provide the appropriate architecture file with no special intervention on the part of your customer.

EDIT: Since I have no right to paste URL here to link a PDF documentation about how to submit multiple apks to Google play store. You can google it with keyword "intel multiple apk submission".
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:34 am

Message: hmin is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?

We have been waiting for a few months to release our game until it has support for ad options for crosswalk. If we use the ad wrapper method below, it requires us to re-sign the APK after putting it through the wrapper. If we went with this method, would we be able to switch to the crosswalk native ads when they come out?

@bscarl88, I am curious about the fact your mentioned that APK re-signing is relevant to the API usage model. As I know, the ads API in Crosswalk would leverage the existing 3rd cordova plugin as possible as it can.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:10 pm

hmin wrote:

We have been waiting for a few months to release our game until it has support for ad options for crosswalk. If we use the ad wrapper method below, it requires us to re-sign the APK after putting it through the wrapper. If we went with this method, would we be able to switch to the crosswalk native ads when they come out?

@bscarl88, I am curious about the fact your mentioned that APK re-signing is relevant to the API usage model. As I know, the ads API in Crosswalk would leverage the existing 3rd cordova plugin as possible as it can.

thanks for your responses. what'shappening Is XDX Is signing our app first, then we put it through the ad wrapper Which signs it again. i wasnt sure if the second sign would mess with us if we wee to update the game after we've removed the ad wrapper tools. also, any ETA on the ad support?
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:42 pm

IntelRobert wrote:XDK has updated it's build system so beta is crosswalk 6 and stable is crosswalk 5. Sorry, this does not bring gpu blacklist control, admob, iap. This requires a change to xdk which I am hoping will be in June.

I am working with Ashley on google play game services. Crosswalk 6 now has the capability, but it won't work the construct2 plugin in its current form.

Im desperate to this work i have 3 games already developed and i cannot release them without Admob and Analytics
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:29 pm

We need only 2 thinks...
1. remove exit bug in stable version, when i close aplication, aplication crashes...
2. add some feature, that we can open web pages in defaul browser, it is anoying to open in aplication and i can not go back...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:39 pm

hmin wrote:@Kronar, sorry for late reply.
Kronar wrote:* Does this mean that any device with any audio driver issues will crash when trying to play any sound effect?

Yes, if the sound effect exactly triggers the driver bug.

Kronar wrote:* Is there any work around to this problem?

Since it is a hardware issue, the only workaround is not to use that sound effect.

Are you suggesting that the sound file that Construct 2 encoded is the cause of the crash?

Earlier you suggested it was a sound driver issue. But now you suggest it is a hardware issue. Which is it?

Sound effects and streams played on the same device through other applications and games do not have a problem. The exact same sound effect files play fine on an audio player on the same device. I highly doubt this is hardware issue nor a sound driver issue otherwise audio would be a major problem on this device and it is not.
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Raiper341 wrote:We need only 2 thinks...
1. remove exit bug in stable version, when i close aplication, aplication crashes...
2. add some feature, that we can open web pages in defaul browser, it is anoying to open in aplication and i can not go back...

I disagree admob and analitycs for android users are a must .. if you look for that info in our forum a lot of people is asking for the same thing.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:06 pm

igalencar wrote:

I disagree admob and analitycs for android users are a must .. if you look for that info in our forum a lot of people is asking for the same thing.

I want to add leadbolt and with iframe is it possible...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 pm

igalencar wrote:

agreed, all this work is useless if we can't put ads into the game. How else do we monetize for our hard work?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General