Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:29 am

So the problem you meet is, the touch/device orientation can not work on the real device, but it works on the emulator, right? If so, could you please double-check if the device orientation sensor works in Chrome for Android?

Souki wrote:Hello, i tried to use Touch Orientation and i can't do it work when i use CROSSWALK on XDK, but in the emulator (of XDK) run it well.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:33 am

hmin wrote:Are you saying the integration with Corodva AdMob plugin? @IntelRobert

igalencar wrote:
hmin wrote:Great. For immersive mode fullscreen, we already have the solution to fix, maybe it will be XDK next update, and we will push it to the public as soon as possible. I am sorry to say you still need to wait for a while.

Does we have a updates list? i need to see if we will have admob integration also control over keys..

yes or even direct support for admob
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Yes the orientation to beta alpha and gamma...

i tried on Chrome for Android, and nothing, don't work, some solution or something, maybe fix it with cordova for android idk ! :(

hmin wrote:So the problem you meet is, the touch/device orientation can not work on the real device, but it works on the emulator, right? If so, could you please double-check if the device orientation sensor works in Chrome for Android?

Souki wrote:Hello, i tried to use Touch Orientation and i can't do it work when i use CROSSWALK on XDK, but in the emulator (of XDK) run it well.
"You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea"
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:04 am

Souki wrote:Yes the orientation to beta alpha and gamma...

i tried on Chrome for Android, and nothing, don't work, some solution or something, maybe fix it with cordova for android idk ! :(

Hi @Souki
Try to check with chrome this little app: http://testkg.altervista.org/tacc/
If you can see the second pair of values working your phone is simply missing gyroscope and you cannot use touch.alpha/beta/gamma to retrieve the device inclination. You'll have to use touchaccelerationwithG values and some trigonometry to retrieve it with the accelerometer.
If you can't see anything working there's probably something wrong between your phone sensors readings and chromium.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:14 pm

@Kniferginder Nope, nothings with Touch.xxx
but, work with emulated.

well, for now i can use it ludei for compilate the apk, and work fine... but i like it XDK much more.

Knifegrinder wrote:
Souki wrote:Yes the orientation to beta alpha and gamma...

Hi @Souki
Try to check with chrome this little app: http://testkg.altervista.org/tacc/
If you can see the second pair of values working your phone is simply missing gyroscope and you cannot use touch.alpha/beta/gamma to retrieve the device inclination. You'll have to use touchaccelerationwithG values and some trigonometry to retrieve it with the accelerometer.
If you can't see anything working there's probably something wrong between your phone sensors readings and chromium.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Souki wrote:@Kniferginder Nope, nothings with Touch.xxx
but, work with emulated.

Do you mean the "emulated gyroscope" values? They're working on your phone?
If so to obtain your device inclination try to use those expressions:

alpha = atan (touch.AccelerationXWithG / sqrt(touch.AccelerationYWithG*touch.AccelerationYWithG +touch.AccelerationZWithG*touch.AccelerationZWithG))

beta = atan (touch.AccelerationYWithG / sqrt(touch.AccelerationXWithG*touch.AccelerationXWithG +touch.AccelerationZWithG*touch.AccelerationZWithG))

gamma = atan (-touch.accelerationXWithG/touch.AccelerationZWithG)
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Oh, thanks for the help (: !!

Knifegrinder wrote:
Souki wrote:@Kniferginder Nope, nothings with Touch.xxx
but, work with emulated.

Do you mean the "emulated gyroscope" values? They're working on your phone?
If so to obtain your device inclination try to use those expressions:

alpha = atan (touch.AccelerationXWithG / sqrt(touch.AccelerationYWithG*touch.AccelerationYWithG +touch.AccelerationZWithG*touch.AccelerationZWithG))

beta = atan (touch.AccelerationYWithG / sqrt(touch.AccelerationXWithG*touch.AccelerationXWithG +touch.AccelerationZWithG*touch.AccelerationZWithG))

gamma = atan (-touch.accelerationXWithG/touch.AccelerationZWithG)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:53 pm

And, another Question, about run an app in background, im making a podometer, but when the app is minimizing or block the phone, the app is in Pause.

Any help about this !?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 pm

It seems like it has been finally updated. An icon came up on intel xdk program saying an update is available.

I'll come back after it's downloaded.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Souki wrote:And, another Question, about run an app in background, im making a podometer, but when the app is minimizing or block the phone, the app is in Pause.

Any help about this !?

any idea about this !?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General