Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 pm

ok, I'm lost in that new XDK UI.
Can someone please explain few things:
- what's the difference between "Core Cordova Plugins" and "Intel XDK Cordova Plugins"? Which one should I use?
- Minimum and Target Android Version?
- what crosswalk versions are for stable and beta currently in XDK?

Did something changed between C2 and XDK? Cause I can't build any project witch android crosswalk through XDK
It only gives me "The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

Why everything that used to work nice and smooth must always get complicated and irritating?!
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:14 pm

@shinkan

i'm getting the same error
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:25 pm

@Darth Crusher
I get this with C2 completely new project with only one sprite in the middle
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:28 am

Hmm same issue here. It's a bit more complicated now. I thought it was related to the launch icons and splashscreens, but I set them and it still failed :S
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:51 am

Ah, I was about to post the same issue. I'm just about to finish wrapping up a little app but when it came to building, I've been struck with the same issues. Neither emulation nor building works, at all. When uploading, the zipping and uploading process is far too quick. It's like the assets aren't even there.

Would really appreciate a quick response on this from the Intel or C2 team.

EDIT: Just tested now with using one of the demo files instead of starting with a blank file, and it seems to work fine. I guess the blank template is just missing a file or something.

Nope, wait, it's not working. The emulator works for the most part but throws up errors often. It now uploads the whole project but again refuses to actually build the project, saying that assets are missing. I've gone through the project settings and put in icon files and unchecked all the unnecessary plugins, but it still isn't working.

Two updates: I've gotten emulation working with the blank template. Files need to be copied to the "www" folder, instead of the root of the application. I haven't used XDK in a while so I'm not sure if it was just me being an idiot and not knowing that.

Second, regular Android app building works, but Crosswalk doesn't. This isn't immediately helpful but might help someone figure out what's causing this issue.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:00 pm

Guys i am REALLY desperate to put admob ads on my applications.. i got a shot of working in a company, but to do so i need the ads working.. Did anyone have made it? i also try the ludei via mopub, but still no work..
i really need this to work over intel xdk..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:50 pm

Anyone got problems with browser commands with the new XDK?
i have a button for browser-close and another for opening a url in a new window, both of them stopped working in the latest version.
I have in app browser permission enabled, am i missing something else??
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:31 pm

@Ashley Could you explain to us why the XDK is not working? It seems like im having the same issue as everyone else,i cant seem to get an app to build the correct way using the XDK.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Compiling etc works without a prob for me. But the app is not in fullscreen anymore, even though i ticked that option. Am I missing something?
Free Android game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... VSMrMonkey

"Seven Birds VS Mr. Monkey" is a simple yet fun game.

Mr. Monkey is being attacked by birds and without a way to escape all hope seems lost. But if you think Mr. Monkey goes down that easily you are mistaken!

Help Mr. Monkey to upgrade his skills, get special attacks and show these birds who's the boss!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:09 am

@shinkan Did you figure out how to fix the intel xdk issue? I cant really figure out how to get this to work right.
I also agree with you,Why would they change something that is perfect and make it even harder for people to understand.The UI was fine now its just horrible and confusing with no information on how or what is what.

Please send me a msg if you find a fix i really need to build my project.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General