Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 pm

FredQ wrote:The big question has got to be when is admob support coming?

I tried the html iFrame leadbolt approach but the ads didn't fit the iFrame on phones. Not sure if this was due to pixel density or screen resolution or what the hell was going on because it worked perfect on my Sony Tablet Z but it obviously needs to be consistent across devices so I gave up.

I recommend you to try further, from what i understand, Leadbot performs much better on interstitial ads than Admob.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Can someone who uses LeadBolt with IntelXDK please confirm what size iFrame they use and what ad size settng on the LeadBolt they use?

I can't get the ads to fit the frame consistently even when selecting the same size settings within LeadBolt.

ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:48 am

I created a question in the "How do I" section but had no replies...
how-do-i-log-errors-with-crosswalk-exported-apps_t103549

Basically, how do I log errors after exporting from Crosswalk?
My app crashes right on startup and I can't learn what's wrong with it!

Thanks folks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm having problems with the splash screen orientation. When the image is viewed in portrait mode gets everything right. When I turn the phone to landscape mode the image gets distorted and poor quality. It seems that the same image is used in portrait mode

Another thing. I wonder which version of android generated in XDK intel should I use: arm or x86?
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 2:58 am

RenatoB wrote:I'm having problems with the splash screen orientation. When the image is viewed in portrait mode gets everything right. When I turn the phone to landscape mode the image gets distorted and poor quality. It seems that the same image is used in portrait mode

Another thing. I wonder which version of android generated in XDK intel should I use: arm or x86?

To make your apps running on more Android devices, you probably upload two of them into Google play store with the same package name. Play store already supports this feature. See http_://developer.android.com/google/play/publishing/multiple-apks.html
Please remove '_' in the above address. I don't have the permission to post a link here.
B
S

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 7:22 pm

@yongsheng - do you know when speech synthesis (TTS) will be supported in Crosswalk? It will work in Google Chrome, but when exported to Crosswalk, it does not.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 8:29 pm

yongsheng wrote:
RenatoB wrote:I'm having problems with the splash screen orientation. When the image is viewed in portrait mode gets everything right. When I turn the phone to landscape mode the image gets distorted and poor quality. It seems that the same image is used in portrait mode

To make your apps running on more Android devices, you probably upload two of them into Google play store with the same package name. Play store already supports this feature. See http_://developer.android.com/google/play/publishing/multiple-apks.html
Please remove '_' in the above address. I don't have the permission to post a link here.

Hi @yongsheng,

I'll test it. Thanks

And about splash screen orientation, any tip?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 7:55 am

Manley23 wrote:@yongsheng - do you know when speech synthesis (TTS) will be supported in Crosswalk? It will work in Google Chrome, but when exported to Crosswalk, it does not.

We're tracking it in our bug system. I don't have a detailed plan when to support it. But we'll support it once upstream is ready.
https_://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-1105
B
S

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 7:55 am

RenatoB wrote:
yongsheng wrote:

Hi @yongsheng,

I'll test it. Thanks

And about splash screen orientation, any tip?

@IntelRobert any comment about it?
B
S

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 12:47 pm

sorry to interrupt. Does anyone have any idea why a game won't build in xdk, using crosswalk for android?

i made this thread, but no one has answered to it yet
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General