Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:53 pm

status update: Dean has been working on the back button, but hasn't found the problem yet.

IntelRobert wrote:For the backbutton issue, give me another day to find out. The fix only requires an update to our server so it will be quick after they find the problem.

Lof wrote:@IntelRobert Do you know if there is going to be a fix for this any time soon, should we revert back to an older version?
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:01 pm

If you send email to [email protected], they will either send you the keys from the old app and you can sign yourself, or you can ask them to use whatever keys you want for the new app.

bscarl88 wrote:
DevDan wrote:Managed to finally get my existing C2 build with crosswalk created. The upgrade of my xdk project may have been the issue, but not really sure. Just created a new Intel XDK project then export C2 build to the www folder again and it worked.

What if this happens after you've already built your project and put it on the app store? From my experience, starting a new project from scratch changes the signing, and you can't update your current app anymore, unless I just did it wrong :oops:
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:09 pm

is it possible that no one came up with a tool to do this signing & aligning automatically without having to type all the command lines?

quick search: i found this tool https://code.google.com/p/apk-signer
Last edited by bjadams on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:10 pm

well yeah, it's called XDK, why not let it sign it for you?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:22 pm

@Lof if XDK would generate the keyfile and you can download that it would be no problem. However what would happen if you wanted to redo the app in another sdk. without keyfile you can't update
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:52 pm

@bjadams

I use this for signing my apks

apk-signer-1.8.5
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:36 pm

I'll be XDK all the way as my app is about 5 days to finally reach the Play store (in full form) for Android... I've already written up a really long post that I'd like to share... It starts from ground zero, just having an idea and Construct2. XDK Crosswalk for Android has so far been the most compatible. In fact, I've had VERY VERY little issues as far as Compatibility through compilation goes... While with CJS and Ludei, I couldn't even get the App past their branded load screen. (Did I mention XDK gives you your own brand/splash - cheers!)
B

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Now it just needs in app purchases and ad functionality to be the best :)
And I couldn't seem to get the back button working for some reason...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm

There was a bug with backbutton. Dean diagnosed the problem so I am expecting a fix soon.

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:Now it just needs in app purchases and ad functionality to be the best :)
And I couldn't seem to get the back button working for some reason...
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:09 pm

igalencar wrote:Well i have build it the app .. everything was great at my side.. BUT.. didnt be able to build a app with the admob integration not even the example that the plugin have it.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... pplication
Once again did anyone had try the example?

I tried and nothing happened. It seemed to build normal, just nothing happened. Same for you?
B

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General