Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 am

@IntelRobert Thanks IntelRobert for the quick reply and fix!! Much Appreciated!
B
82
S
32
G
7
Posts: 281
Reputation: 10,685

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 am

@IntelRobert

I think there is a bug (or change?) with open external link in the last XDK version.

At first export, I use "Minimum plugin". When we touch a button to open a link, nothing happens.
Then, I tested all plugins in order to know why the link was not opened.

To open a link with C2 function "Browser, Open URL" we must to activate plugin xdk "Device"

But this plugin ask to user " permission Send sms" and many others...

With the older version, we need no permissions (or only Internet permission)... it seems more logic no ?
B
18
S
4
Posts: 84
Reputation: 2,085

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:45 am

@amkp Did you manage to get opening a url to work in the new XDK?
I tried with all permissions on and it still didn't work.
Image
B
76
S
28
G
12
Posts: 515
Reputation: 12,409

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 am

@Lof

Yes it works. But I've downgraded to old xdk version now, too much bug.

All permissions or all plugins ?
I talk about xdk and cordova plugins you can choice in "PROJECT" tab.
Last edited by amkp on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
18
S
4
Posts: 84
Reputation: 2,085

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Is there a way to turn on/force webgl in XDK preview or debug?
My game after build runs in webgl on my phone but in preview/debug always starts with canvas2d only. And it's kind of hard to determine if it's working fine.
ImageImageImageImage
B
157
S
66
G
41
Posts: 2,599
Reputation: 34,835

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Getting same bugs with opening urls, app.loadurl is the error. Also tested literally all of Construct2's objects having anything related to opening/redirecting to url as a function, and tested + compiled in XDK Crosswalk but to NO avail. Nothing works to open a url. Yeah, major issue here, since no URLs can't be opened on the device's default web browser.

One last test I'll try is to try and pull the Cordova API and see if inappbrowser is of any use. Maybe this is a better option than opening up the user's default browser... Who knows. I'm using XDK 1199 and the latest C2 now (176)

I guess right now, it's time to build your userbase. :lol:
B
3
Posts: 9
Reputation: 568

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Your phone is on the chrome blacklist for webgl. I believe if you tried the game in chrome for android, it would always use canvas2d. We disabled the blacklist when building apk. I put in a request to disable it for XDK debugger so you see consistent behavior. There isn't a way to do it yourself, unfortunately, so you have to wait for an update.

shinkan wrote:Is there a way to turn on/force webgl in XDK preview or debug?
My game after build runs in webgl on my phone but in preview/debug always starts with canvas2d only. And it's kind of hard to determine if it's working fine.
Intel Corporation
B
15
S
3
Posts: 193
Reputation: 1,552

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:42 pm

inappbrowser is the preferred way to open a url. I wrote an example that uses it for oauth here: https://github.com/rscohn2/phonegapi/bl ... onegapi.js
look for window.open

bluebobbo wrote:Getting same bugs with opening urls, app.loadurl is the error. Also tested literally all of Construct2's objects having anything related to opening/redirecting to url as a function, and tested + compiled in XDK Crosswalk but to NO avail. Nothing works to open a url. Yeah, major issue here, since no URLs can't be opened on the device's default web browser.

One last test I'll try is to try and pull the Cordova API and see if inappbrowser is of any use. Maybe this is a better option than opening up the user's default browser... Who knows. I'm using XDK 1199 and the latest C2 now (176)

I guess right now, it's time to build your userbase. :lol:
Intel Corporation
B
15
S
3
Posts: 193
Reputation: 1,552

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:29 am

IntelRobert wrote:Your phone is on the chrome blacklist for webgl. I believe if you tried the game in chrome for android, it would always use canvas2d. We disabled the blacklist when building apk. I put in a request to disable it for XDK debugger so you see consistent behavior. There isn't a way to do it yourself, unfortunately, so you have to wait for an update.


Thanks for answering.
I can run html5 version of my game (and other games/webpages) with webgl using chrome for android on my galaxy S3 (standard chrome for android version, all settings and flags are default) and can't remember having any issues with that.

anyway, there's one more issue while testing/debugging using USB connection. Testing works fine, game starts in App preview on my phone, but If I try to use debugger XDK flashes white for a second and after that App preview on my phone is crashing.
ImageImageImageImage
B
157
S
66
G
41
Posts: 2,599
Reputation: 34,835

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:25 am

It seems like the call to browse close and open url are fixed now.
But the back button still kills the app.
Image
B
76
S
28
G
12
Posts: 515
Reputation: 12,409

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests