Post » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:39 pm

For the Icons problem you could simply ask here how to do it xD
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 am

shinkan wrote:For the Icons problem you could simply ask here how to do it xD

This is not directed at you personally, just a general disclaimer to anyone.
I've been browsing through the forums already. Maybe you didn't catch my rant. I don't like this place and how people explain things at all. Most people here seem to assume you already know Android/game development in and out and they just link you some kind of documentation. Like yeah, that's why people ask... because they can't find the documentation.

I didn't post this for myself. I posted this as a reference to whoever might google for a solution, he/she will find proper step-by-step instructions. So what you might see from me in the future might just be something you feel was already explained. But, just remember, I'm explaining it again from the beginner level.

I think the Construct 2 tutorials are so easy to learn and simple. But, then you have this huge learning curve to learn everything beyond that. There are no tutorials that take you by the hand beyond Construct 2. I even went to a thread where someone who shall not be named just said "well, that's not part of Construct 2, so you should check in an Intel forum". People will go through great lengths to post something like "why don't you google it" or "read this documentation" instead of just providing an answer. It all boils down to our learning style. There are 3 types:
-Abstract learners only need instructions by text and they get it
-Visual learners need imagery along with the text
-Practical learners need to do something to truly learn it

I personally, am a practical learner. I learn best if someone throws a demo file at me and I take it apart and back together. I think this forum is predominately for abstract learners and thinkers. So. Welp here I am. :D Hi
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:29 am

@Emu
I did not take it personally and true, have not seen your other posts about that :/

There are quite few people here who indeed thinks that you already should now everything about anything.
But fortunately there's also a people like me. Who will bash you for question like "how do I move sprite with a button" and will tell you to go read manual or beginner tutorials. But on the other hand for more complicated questions they will try to actually help and guide you.
Mobile development is not easy at all. And you should ask as many questions as you want... But make sure to use search first, before asking about some silly stuff ;)
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:39 am

@IntelRobert mentioned something about move to usb storage "the new release gives you cordova plugins, the ability to make a game go to usb/external storage, control over version codes/signing.". This would be great for Crosswalk games, as you said emu the build is increased size with the chromium engine. Will this be in the next intel xdk version crosswalk update hopefully? :)
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 pm

USB storage is in the current release. In Build settings, look for 'install location'. Default means only internal storage. Auto goes to whatever the user makes the default for his installs, and prefer external tries to go to external storage.

DevDan wrote:@IntelRobert mentioned something about move to usb storage "the new release gives you cordova plugins, the ability to make a game go to usb/external storage, control over version codes/signing.". This would be great for Crosswalk games, as you said emu the build is increased size with the chromium engine. Will this be in the next intel xdk version crosswalk update hopefully? :)
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Oh awesome!! Honestly I saw that but I just thought I will leave this as default I don't know what this new feature does lol. I must of missed that or didn't read it in the documentation :P
Thank you @IntelRobert
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 pm

@IntelRobert, I am looking to switch from Ludei to Intel XDK, do you have a working Construct 2 example or planning to add one soon? I have installed Intel XDK and messed with it quite a bit, but the Android apps for it are lacking and hard for me to make a final decision.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:40 pm

The names are confusing, so we are changing them in the next release to auto/internal/external and making auto the default.

DevDan wrote:Oh awesome!! Honestly I saw that but I just thought I will leave this as default I don't know what this new feature does lol. I must of missed that or didn't read it in the documentation :P
Thank you @IntelRobert
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

The construct2 demo called space blaster is the best one to try and see all the features working. Here are some quick instructions on how to do that. We need to update an article with more details because we have changes XDK UI since Ashley wrote the original article.

Open Construct 2
New project, space blaster demo
In configuration settings, set orientations to portrait
Export, select android

Go to xdk
In project tab, click ‘start a new project’, import an existing project, select director with project
Go back to project tab, under plugins and permissions, ‘select none’, then select device in left pane (core corodova plugins)
Under build settings, click on crosswalk tab
Fullscreen clicked
Orientation: portrait
Install location: auto,
crosswalk version: beta
go to build tab
crosswalk for android, upload bundle
build app now

You will get an email with the app in about 5 minutes. The project settings will also let you set launch icon and splash screens.

Helladen wrote:@IntelRobert, I am looking to switch from Ludei to Intel XDK, do you have a working Construct 2 example or planning to add one soon? I have installed Intel XDK and messed with it quite a bit, but the Android apps for it are lacking and hard for me to make a final decision.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:20 pm

@IntelRobert Thanks for all your great info.
Where can I read more info about plugins. What is the diference between "Core Cordova plugins" and "Intel XDK Codrova plugins" I compiled my game with all plugins disabled and the game is working including audio.
And if I select a Phonegap plugin from here https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-phonegap-related-plugins_t109586 Is this considered a 3rd party plugin? They are self-explanatory by the name..but confusing, since Construct 2 users are used to use a plugin by importing them to Construct 2 project.
Can't XDK detect if a certain plugin is used in C2 project and self-select it?
Many thanks for the great job with XDK
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General