Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:55 am

Here are the AdMob plugins recommended by Intel XDK.

Just google "cordova admob pro".
B

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:53 am

@floatinghotpot

"2% Ad traffic will be shared, as return for the support and maintenance effort."

in that case there should be free plugin for Construct 2 too. To handle banners and interstitials.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:07 am

@szymek

I've tested cranberrygame's phonegap plugin for C2, it works GREAT for AdMob.

No lag added to your game and the refresh rate is spot on. Also I already notice a major difference to CJS/MoPub, each click I get a lot more $ (not sure why, maybe no middleman??).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 pm

I also just tested out cranberrygames's phonegap admob plugin, and it does work well
plugin-phonegap-related-plugins-crosswalk_t109586

The only thing that is lacking now (in my opinion) with Crosswalk is matching FPS of CocoonJS--I think that's really the only advantage CocoonJS has right now (at least from what I've seen with my apps). I don't know if this will be possible but fingers crossed
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 pm

russpuppy wrote:The only thing that is lacking now (in my opinion) with Crosswalk is matching FPS of CocoonJS--I think that's really the only advantage CocoonJS has right now (at least from what I've seen with my apps). I don't know if this will be possible but fingers crossed

I think for smaller games, CocoonJS is still superior. But for larger games, it's not even a close contest because XDK is so much better at handling lots of large assets.

Performance numbers, I am seeing ~10-20% performance advantage for CJS, but XDK is more compatible with a wider range of hardware and has immersive mode.

My Star Nomad with CJS has 24 different crash type reports, each with many users on various hardware. An enhanced version of Star Nomad with XDK so far has ZERO crash reports.

Edit: Actually even for smaller games, XDK is superior to more compatibility AND immersive mode.
Last edited by Silverforce on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:11 pm

@Silverforce thanks, good information. I have republished one of my apps with Crosswalk, excited to see how it does
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... py.chicken
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:56 pm

@russpuppy

can you use Crosswalk with early version of your platformer game
and check if framerate / general feeling during i.e. scrolling
is good enough?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:00 am

If you guys use XDK, in C2, make sure the setting Fullscreen Scaling is set to Low Quality.

On High, it destroys performance for very little visual improvement (hardly noticeable).

Use High-DPI should be set to YES to improve image quality (next to no performance loss).

I find this setting gives it nearly the same performance as CocoonJS in all my games.

Also, @russpuppy Great work on all those games on the store. Very prolific and an inspiration!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:59 am

@Silverforce thanks for the tips
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:06 pm

We are working with Ashley for 'official' support for ads, payment, leaderboards, expansion files (for big games). But don't wait for us since cranberrygame's plugins seem to work well and I can't give you a firm date. I don't expect there will be any issues switching either way.

Also, we are collecting apps to show at trade shows, meetups, etc. If you want us to show your game please read this note: viewtopic.php?t=113648
Intel Corporation
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General