Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:51 pm

@IntelRobert are there any plans to do offline crosswalk projects (compilation on the cloud is fine as long as the service is accesible and an internet connection is at your disposal but not otherwise, I think this is not that great for some people)
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:23 pm

@Aphrodite

I'm one of them. I'm on mobile internet (no other options available) and usually "send - compile - download" takes more than 30 minutes since my mobile provider "fixed" their infrastructure...

Offline build would be really nice addition.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm

It is possible to do a local build if you install crosswalk, android sdk, python, and use some command line tools. You can read about it more here:

https://crosswalk-project.org/
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I have attempted to use Google analytics I used this plugin:

http://suntemple.co/construct-2/google- ... cs-plugin/

And it works if I am using the intel XDK emulator, I can see all the data and interactions I have with the app. However, if I make the app a crosswalk app, Google Analytics stops working completely.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Is there any remedy to this issue?

If not, I think I will have to get 100+ monkeys with type writers to figure this one out...
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:26 am

Message: hmin is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
federer365 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have attempted to use Google analytics I used this plugin: ... cs-plugin/

And it works if I am using the intel XDK emulator, I can see all the data and interactions I have with the app. However, if I make the app a crosswalk app, Google Analytics stops working completely.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Is there any remedy to this issue?

If not, I think I will have to get 100+ monkeys with type writers to figure this one out...

Did you try to debug your app via remote debugging feature, aka. Chrome DevTools? You would get some error message from the debugging console.

Or, you can try to run 'adb logcat | grep CONSOLE' to see what is the output message.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:37 am

Right now I am getting

"The build failed
An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

Is there something wrong with the build servers right now or is it just something with my project?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:39 am

@russpuppy
I just got the same error, this is my first time using XDK so I figured it was my fault :).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:49 am

Nope @ArcadEd I am getting the same error and I have been using it for a while
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 am

@hmin, thanks for that! Maybe there is a porblem with the code I keep getting:
"Google Analytics Plugin: time tracking for cat___Game___name___TimeOnLevel1 was not started yet is now attempted to be stopped! "

So it isn't starting at all, which is odd...

but for some reason on the emulator it is starting and stopping correctly?!?

@Russpuppy, must be something wrong with your assets...

@AracdEd, I had problems with intel XDK to begin with. What you need to do is create the project and then export your game into the project. That always works for me.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:04 am

giffjo wrote:Nope @ArcadEd I am getting the same error and I have been using it for a while

Same here. Thought my project had become corrupted..
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General