Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:43 pm

@IntelRobert

Hi, do you know if its possible to sing the app manually, i need to update an app that its allready in the store, and i cant found any manual or indication related to this issue

tx and cheers!
B
9
S
2
Posts: 52
Reputation: 1,360

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Here is a tutorial.
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/861/ho ... id-app-apk


6bruno6 wrote:@IntelRobert

Hi, do you know if its possible to sing the app manually, i need to update an app that its allready in the store, and i cant found any manual or indication related to this issue

tx and cheers!
Intel Corporation
B
15
S
3
Posts: 193
Reputation: 1,552

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:48 pm

tx, and cheers!
B
9
S
2
Posts: 52
Reputation: 1,360

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:37 pm

I'm experiencing a very bad framerate when exporting when exporting in Crosswalk compared to chrome previews. It's becoming a big isssue and is causing a lot of my 'on collision'/'object is overlapping' events not to work since frames are being skipped. On top of this, the device I'm testing on is becoming extremely hot when running my apk.
B
11
S
3
Posts: 135
Reputation: 1,309

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Has Anyone been able to export a game with Intel XDK Without having black bars on the screen? Ive masterd how to do this with cocoonJS but it seems that was all for nothing now that it has been taken down off of the main list of export options.

Ive been using this guide but for some reason im not getting the results i need for Landscape Settings.
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1126/m ... ces/page-2

Could anyone with the knowledge enlighten me,I really cant believe im having these issues once again.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
23
S
9
G
5
Posts: 567
Reputation: 6,368

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:58 pm

My game is in landscape setting and I've never had to do anything special, it just works fullscreen in crosswalk. Is the screen size of your project not 720px?
Developing Surolace, the survival role playing space game.

surolace-survival-role-playing-space-game_t116953
B
13
S
4
Posts: 303
Reputation: 1,705

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:03 pm

RookieDev wrote:Has Anyone been able to export a game with Intel XDK Without having black bars on the screen? Ive masterd how to do this with cocoonJS but it seems that was all for nothing now that it has been taken down off of the main list of export options.

Ive been using this guide but for some reason im not getting the results i need for Landscape Settings.
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1126/m ... ces/page-2

Could anyone with the knowledge enlighten me,I really cant believe im having these issues once again.


Is your project using letterbox scale (I know cocoonJS automatically revert to scale outer in that case, so it may be just that to change in the case of crosswalk)

If it is nit the case, then ignore my comment
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
52
S
22
G
18
Posts: 2,122
Reputation: 17,093

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Aphrodite wrote:
RookieDev wrote:Has Anyone been able to export a game with Intel XDK Without having black bars on the screen? Ive masterd how to do this with cocoonJS but it seems that was all for nothing now that it has been taken down off of the main list of export options.

Ive been using this guide but for some reason im not getting the results i need for Landscape Settings.
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1126/m ... ces/page-2

Could anyone with the knowledge enlighten me,I really cant believe im having these issues once again.


Is your project using letterbox scale (I know cocoonJS automatically revert to scale outer in that case, so it may be just that to change in the case of crosswalk)

If it is nit the case, then ignore my comment


Thank you,I really forgot that CocoonJs did do that for us.I really have to thank you for your comment,When i seen the black bars i instantly went into a bad mood.Once again thank you for your swift reply,I will export now to see if all is corrected.

Update: The only issue that i have now is that my Player Mask and my BG sprites are jittering and shaking like crazy whenever i move my player.I started a new thread for this since im pretty sure its not XDK related.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
23
S
9
G
5
Posts: 567
Reputation: 6,368

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi Intel team, I have two small issues with the Intel XDK. Both right next to each other:

Under Launch Icons and Splash Screens, whenever I come back to an existing project (either from another project in Intel XDK, or if I close and re-open the XDK), the launch icons always reset to blank, and I have to manually assign each icon before building.

Also, I cannot find a way to remove a splash screen that I no longer want. I can change them, but I can't outright remove them.

Any idea what I can do to address either or both issues? Thanks!

Intel-XDK.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
57
S
15
G
11
Posts: 912
Reputation: 12,606

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:20 pm

@GeometriX

The Build settings is just a graphical editor for intelxdk.config.crosswalk.xml If you look in there, you will see that the launch icons are still there, even though they are not being displayed after returning to the project. You could also delete your icons/splash screens by editing the file when the xdk is not open.

The issues you are pointing out need to be fixed, but this will let you make progress until we can do it.
Intel Corporation
B
15
S
3
Posts: 193
Reputation: 1,552

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: takamoto and 1 guest