Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:24 pm

IntelRobert wrote:I don't see this on my phone. The volume controls appear, the menu bar does not, and the volume controls go away. Can you PM me a APK in dropbox so I can see if if is specific to the app?

AlexFrancois wrote:@IntelRobert

I love the new fullscreen mode, but whenever I use the phone's manual volume controls the menu bar appears and doesn't automatically hide itself, the only way to make it disappear is to lock and unlock the phone. Can you help me with this?

It doesn't seem specific to my app as I complied an APK from one of the construct 2 example projects and the same thing happens, this also happens with a few construct 2 apps I've downloaded from the play store. I'm testing on a htc one mini on Android 4.4.2
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:37 pm

If you have tried construct2 preview over wifi feature, and it fails when running the app in chrome browser on the tablet, then there is not much we can do to make it work. If it works in chrome, but not crosswalk, then crosswalk team can investigate.

You might be able to have your game check the tablet it is running on and disable sounds. The javascript part of this is simple, but I don't know how to do it in construct2.

Slice wrote:@IntelRobert

-- HARDWARE --

Dual Core A9 Processor 1,2GHz
Android 4.2.2
1GB RAM
1024x600 HD

Chrome and Crosswalk Crash on loading sounds in low end tablets (Tested), Please Help
if delete all sounds from game, game start normal, if loading sounds the game is crash ?

In Samsung S4 or HTC M8 Game Work fine with sounds (Tested)

I have post this problem in HTML5 Intel Forum
https://forums.html5dev-software.intel.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7609

-- Game Link ---
http://humaninfected.clay.io/
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Please try this. Use chrome on your htc one mini. Try this example, or anything that uses full screen in chrome: https://developer.mozilla.org/samples/d ... creen.html

Does the same thing happen?

AlexFrancois wrote:
IntelRobert wrote:I don't see this on my phone. The volume controls appear, the menu bar does not, and the volume controls go away. Can you PM me a APK in dropbox so I can see if if is specific to the app?

I love the new fullscreen mode, but whenever I use the phone's manual volume controls the menu bar appears and doesn't automatically hide itself, the only way to make it disappear is to lock and unlock the phone. Can you help me with this?

It doesn't seem specific to my app as I complied an APK from one of the construct 2 example projects and the same thing happens, this also happens with a few construct 2 apps I've downloaded from the play store. I'm testing on a htc one mini on Android 4.4.2
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:52 pm

@IntelRobert

Yes, the same thing happens with that example video: the video plays in full screen without the menu bar, the volume is pressed and the volume slider appears along with the menu, the volume fades away but the menu stays and obstructs the screen. The only difference with the video is that the menu icons faded after a few seconds, although the menu bar still remained.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:57 pm

IntelRobert wrote:If you have tried construct2 preview over wifi feature, and it fails when running the app in chrome browser on the tablet, then there is not much we can do to make it work. If it works in chrome, but not crosswalk, then crosswalk team can investigate.

You might be able to have your game check the tablet it is running on and disable sounds. The javascript part of this is simple, but I don't know how to do it in construct2.

Slice wrote:@IntelRobert

-- HARDWARE --

Dual Core A9 Processor 1,2GHz
Android 4.2.2
1GB RAM
1024x600 HD

Chrome and Crosswalk Crash on loading sounds in low end tablets (Tested), Please Help
if delete all sounds from game, game start normal, if loading sounds the game is crash ?

In Samsung S4 or HTC M8 Game Work fine with sounds (Tested)

I have post this problem in HTML5 Intel Forum
https://forums.html5dev-software.intel.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7609

-- Game Link ---
http://humaninfected.clay.io/

@IntelRobert

Crash in preview over wifi. :oops:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:46 pm

It looks like a problem with chrome so we have to wait for it to be fixed there, since crosswalk depends on chromium.

Yes, the same thing happens with that example video: the video plays in full screen without the menu bar, the volume is pressed and the volume slider appears along with the menu, the volume fades away but the menu stays and obstructs the screen. The only difference with the video is that the menu icons faded after a few seconds, although the menu bar still remained.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:45 pm

IntelRobert wrote:It looks like a problem with chrome so we have to wait for it to be fixed there, since crosswalk depends on chromium.

I've reported it to the chromium team, hopefully it's fixed soon. Thanks for your help.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:43 pm

I solve this bug four month ago. It' a very simple solution. X info contact me bye.
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 am

@IntelRobert

IAP Plugin work with crosswalk ?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/iap-in-intel-xdk
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 pm

HI @IntelRobert

Is it possible to remove XDK logo that appears in t he app beginning? I remember that was possible before.

Thanks
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General