Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Hey @RenatoB the Xdk logo appears in the beginning when you have to splashscreen plugin/permission is selected in the xdk and you dont have any spashscreens put into xdk lunch icons and spash screen settings . All of this is located in the Project settings
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:51 pm

I have many problems with crosswalk
custom fonts don't work
admob don't work
and the performance is awful
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:57 pm

I have made a very very simple game and export it with Crosswalk
It has so much lag when I test it with my Xperia Z1
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 pm

I keep getting "The build failed. An error occurred..."

I followed the Google Plus tutorial and uploaded my splash screen and icon, so I don't know what the problem is.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 am

@Heska Admob is working with the official Admob plugin. You just have to follow the instructions https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... onstruct-2
Make sure to put the ad ID in Admob property window.
"Very simple" is almost all the time a subjective opinion . Read the optimization tips for mobile tutorials and things will improve.
For mobile: try to avoid particles, for objects not interacting set its property to "Collisions = disable", use debugger to see number of collision checks/sec also poly checks/sec .
Try avoiding "every tick" and use "every X seconds" instead . Use triggered condition for events that happen from time to time (those condition having a green arrow) or "trigger once" where appropriate.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:52 pm

You don't need to upload splash screens or icons. Try exporting a c2 demo and then in xdk. 'start a new project' 'import existing html project' and then build. That will verify that everything is working. Then try the same thing with your game. There is a known issue with using some punctuation in the app name (e.g. ' ") causing the build failed message. We do support unicode so the unicode version of the app name can include any characters.

If you continue to have build problems, feel free to PM me.

nickkname wrote:I keep getting "The build failed. An error occurred..."

I followed the Google Plus tutorial and uploaded my splash screen and icon, so I don't know what the problem is.
Last edited by IntelRobert on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 pm

If you are using custom fonts on a desktop or cocoonjs, then you need to either use web fonts or sprite fonts to make it work in a crosswalk and/or phonegap game.

Heska wrote:I have many problems with crosswalk
custom fonts don't work
admob don't work
and the performance is awful
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi @IntelRobert, I just want to inform you and the x-walk team that I'm having this issue too:
https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-2655

When I launch the app packed with the online build service sometimes it starts correctly, sometimes throws a bunch of errors on the console and crashes.
The issue seems to be completely random. The game works flawlessly with X-Walk 7 and below.
Here's the logcat at the crash moment. There's a GC message just before the chromium errors suggesting a memory issue but I didn't add any new asset recently.

This issue appears on both my test devices: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and Nexus 4.
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello guys,

any news about the google vulnerability issue?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:39 pm

I had a problem for a while where I was unable to use the app previewer on my phone. No matter what I did the app would never accept my password. I would reset my password and try and it wouldn't ever work. I uninstalled the Windows version of the software and reinstalled it and then reinstalled the app and it finally worked after 30 days of trying.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General