Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks a lot for the infos. Then I just have to wait and pray for them to fix the bug... or your solution to to work. Actually I have at the moment only about 2/3 of the total images loaded in my project, so it will feature still more images when the game will be finished... (not even speaking about the music) :?
It would be a pity to discard drawings I already drawn because they are too heavy to export...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:21 pm

clockworkmonster wrote:I see tutorials explaining how to export to Android, and how to use Admob. But I also see that Crosswalk allows exporting to IOS and Windows 8:

1) Can I export a Construct 2 Project to IOS with Crosswalk? Does the Admob plugin work this way?

2) Can I export a Construct 2 Project to Windows Phone with Crosswalk? Does the Admob plugin work this way?

Hi @clockworkmonster

I can tell you that you can export your games with Admob to Android and iOS (I don't know if work in Windows8) using Intel XDK / crosswalk. I don't know too how to export your game to iOS in the Construct2.

I asked a question about this, but no one answered me (yet?). Let's see if a good soul appears and informs this procedure, which should be very simple by the way.

Cheers,
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:04 pm

We are doing testing & documentation now for ios. You should be able to use phonegap exporter and build in the XDK for ios, android, windows, android/crosswalk. Just like the crosswalk target, you need to specify launch icons, splash screens, cordova plugins, orientation, etc in the XDK. It would be helpful if there is a separate 'IoS Intel XDK experiences' and 'Windows Intel XDK experience' forum post.

clockworkmonster wrote:I see tutorials explaining how to export to Android, and how to use Admob. But I also see that Crosswalk allows exporting to IOS and Windows 8:

1) Can I export a Construct 2 Project to IOS with Crosswalk? Does the Admob plugin work this way?

2) Can I export a Construct 2 Project to Windows Phone with Crosswalk? Does the Admob plugin work this way?
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Showing my ignorance about C2: Is there a way to combine multiple images into a sprite sheet so you don't need to load so many?

Rable wrote:Thanks a lot for the infos. Then I just have to wait and pray for them to fix the bug... or your solution to to work. Actually I have at the moment only about 2/3 of the total images loaded in my project, so it will feature still more images when the game will be finished... (not even speaking about the music) :?
It would be a pity to discard drawings I already drawn because they are too heavy to export...
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Is the filename just letters and numbers? a-z0-9. I don't know if this is the problem.

If you put your icons in dropbox and send me a PM, I can try it.

volkiller730 wrote:I am having a issue getting up and running using the new offical IAP plugin where does my in-app billing license key go?

also for some reason my hdpi Icons arnt being included in my built game even though ive added them on the projects screen. And before anyone says i might not of added them ive added all my icons back into the project for about 10-20 builds and no matter what its never included

this is what the build page says about the hdpi

Installed hdpi launch icon
Warning: hdpi launch icon not found.
Installed xhdpi launch icon
Installed hdpi launch icon
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:16 pm

IntelRobert wrote:We are doing testing & documentation now for ios. You should be able to use phonegap exporter and build in the XDK for ios, android, windows, android/crosswalk. Just like the crosswalk target, you need to specify launch icons, splash screens, cordova plugins, orientation, etc in the XDK. It would be helpful if there is a separate 'IoS Intel XDK experiences' and 'Windows Intel XDK experience' forum post.

Thank you @IntelRobert. I was waiting for this information too.

You mentioned "testing" and now I didn't know if the iOS app will have the same quality that is generated through the android / crosswalk, which for me is the best currently.

I agree with you about to create a specific posts to sharing experiences about iOS and Windows Intel XDK.
Last edited by RBuster on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:02 am

Hi @IntelRobert,

I'm not a C2 gourou either, but I can tell you that C2 *somewhat* creates sprite sheets automatically when exporting for crosswalk. By somewhat I mean that many sprites are gathered together on sprite sheets automatically, but there are most of the time only 4 sprites per sheet. Sometimes up to 10 or even a little bit more but it's rare. FYI most of the sprites in my game have a 384x384 pixel canvas, so they are not small. But even much smaller sprites (like impacts) are often not placed at all on spritesheets, just 1 per file... So I'll investigate to see if I could create these spritesheets myself in a more radical way.

Thanks !

IntelRobert wrote:Showing my ignorance about C2: Is there a way to combine multiple images into a sprite sheet so you don't need to load so many?

Rable wrote:Thanks a lot for the infos. Then I just have to wait and pray for them to fix the bug... or your solution to to work. Actually I have at the moment only about 2/3 of the total images loaded in my project, so it will feature still more images when the game will be finished... (not even speaking about the music) :?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:51 am

It's based on the object. Each object gets it's own spritesheet, or more than one if needed.

So if you have a sprite with 4 frames of animation, it will get put on a sprite sheet. If you have a sprite with 1 frame, it will get it's own sprite sheet.

Pretty sure that's how it works in a nutshell.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:47 am

@IntelRobert

I would like to use IAP with Android and iOS apps. I found this tutorial: https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... -intel-xdk

Could I use with both or only works with android apps?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:35 am

Yesterday I built a project fine in CW today I'm getting "An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." while trying to build the same project. I have no special characters in the game name, package, or assets, not sure what is causing this, is this possibly server side?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General