Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 5:06 am

Message: Zhiqiang is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 2 URLS removed. Why?
Hi, this is Zhiqiang from Crosswalk team. in terms of performance regression, is it possible to share the related sample code w/ us so we can reproduce it for a further check ?

cesisco wrote:@IntelRobert, the audio lag in the Crosswalk 5(beta) build is ok, but the overall performance in every other aspects is very bad in my games, the framerate is almost the half comparing to Crosswalk 4(stable).
So i´ll wait until Crosswalk 5 goes stable, and hope everything runs smoothly.
Thanks

IntelRobert wrote:Our build system gives you the choice of crosswalk 4 & crosswalk 5. The latest app preview uses crosswalk 5. Since you say that App Preview does not have the lag, then I am hoping that it was a problem fixed in crosswalk 5. Please check that you are using crosswalk 5 by going to the bottom of the details tab in the build dialog.

If crosswalk 5 has the problem, then please PM a capx file that shows the problem.

cesisco wrote:
@IntelRobert, hi, here's a video with a comparison of the audio latency in the device:Intel AppPreview:less than 30 millisenconds
Crosswalk Apk build: 234 millisecods

I guess the problem is not with my device, since it play synced in the App Preview.
In the Chrome Browser the latency is around 34ms, but i have other problem in Chrome for android, the sound is
playing on the earpiece and not on the speaker, i mentioned that on this topic :I can send you the Apk build and my device specifications, but note that the audio lag occurs in every project i have.
Thanks
B

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 6:01 am

@IntelRobert Is the google play plugin you mean is the web api of google game services? If so here should be the answer, .
Ahh, I have no permission to post the URL yet. Please check the question and answer with id 23426429(Possible to use Google Play Game Services from origin file:///android_asset), in stackoverflow.
IntelRobert wrote:The google play plugin is designed to work when the app is hosted on a server and viewed in a browser. When you embed your app in an APK with crosswalk or phonegap, it needs a different solution. We are investigating methods, but I don't have anything to offer you now.

Slice wrote:@IntelRobert

I try to integrate google play plugin to crosswalk.
Result :cry:

i have test

4 client ids for google play

1. id for google play
2. id for native apps
3. id for web app
4. id for other platforms

not work with anything :?: :?: :?: :?:
Not Sign in
B

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 6:55 am

@IntelRobert. Hmm..I am getting that audio lag as well, I guess I will now wait until there is a stable version 5. Also, I am having the same problem as:

@KFC where our screen tends to go to sleep after a while if the user doesn't touch anything. Is there anyway to disable this, as my game has a slideshow movie and it always comes in effect during them.

@SabinX when loading the splashscreen, we get a half black and white screen before going to the game. I notice that this problem only arise for me when say the spashscreen is shown in portrait mode, then I change my phone's orientation, it goes to that black and white screen. If I don't change the orientation when showing the spashscreen, it just goes black for roughly 2 seconds before entering the game.

Also, I notice that we have to options to place a landscape and portrait splashscreen. I only wanted to use a landscape one, so I place an image there. However, if I start up the game and my handphone is being viewed in portrait, it shows the default intel spashscreen. Does this mean that I have to place the image on both landscape and portrait? Will this count as double in terms of file size? Or is there a way to let XDK know that I want to use the same image for any splashscreen orientation?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 11:04 am

@IntelRobert
@Zhiqiang , hi i made a simple project to see the performance drop in Crosswalk 5 beta vs Crosswalk 4.
Even with only 2 sprites in this project, i 'm getting a big frame rate drop in Crosswalk 5 beta.

Crosswalk 4 stable:55/56 FPS
Crosswalk 5 beta:32/33 FPS

I'm doing the tests with the ARM build in a 4.2.1 Android device and the latest C2 stable release.
Here are the files.

APK stable build

APK beta build

Construct 2 exported files

Construct 2 capx

It would be great if someone in the forums can test this in different devices to make sure that this is not a problem only related with my device.
Thanks

Zhiqiang wrote:Hi, this is Zhiqiang from Crosswalk team. in terms of performance regression, is it possible to share the related sample code w/ us so we can reproduce it for a further check ?

cesisco wrote:@IntelRobert, the audio lag in the Crosswalk 5(beta) build is ok, but the overall performance in every other aspects is very bad in my games, the framerate is almost the half comparing to Crosswalk 4(stable).
So i´ll wait until Crosswalk 5 goes stable, and hope everything runs smoothly.
Thanks

IntelRobert wrote:Our build system gives you the choice of crosswalk 4 & crosswalk 5. The latest app preview uses crosswalk 5. Since you say that App Preview does not have the lag, then I am hoping that it was a problem fixed in crosswalk 5. Please check that you are using crosswalk 5 by going to the bottom of the details tab in the build dialog.

If crosswalk 5 has the problem, then please PM a capx file that shows the problem.

Last edited by cesisco on Wed May 21, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 11:05 am

@cesisco

I tested XDK beta with my own game and found it running smooth. On a LG G-Pad 8 inch, with Snapdragon S600.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 11:30 am

Silverforce wrote:@cesisco

I tested XDK beta with my own game and found it running smooth. On a LG G-Pad 8 inch, with Snapdragon S600.

Thanks Silverforce, but are you getting the same frame rate as the stable build?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 11:43 am

cesisco wrote:
Thanks Silverforce, but are you getting the same frame rate as the stable build?

@cesisco
Do you have a device with a blacklisted GPU?
Crosswalk v5 adopted the chromium GPU blacklist while v4 seems to skipping it. (See here)
Since almost 1/4 of the android devices out there have GPU blacklisted by the chromium team this may be your issue.
B
S

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 3:05 pm

After testing one type to another, the Crosswalk 4 stable is better. Checked with Intel XDK v876
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Knifegrinder wrote:
cesisco wrote:

@cesisco
Do you have a device with a blacklisted GPU?
Crosswalk v5 adopted the chromium GPU blacklist while v4 seems to skipping it. (See here)
Since almost 1/4 of the android devices out there have GPU blacklisted by the chromium team this may be your issue.

Hmm, in my debugging text it says "canvas2d" as renderer, in both stable and beta builds but the stable has a better framerate(55 fps vs 32 fps).
The intel app preview the app is using the "WebGL" renderer.

@Zhiqiang
I was wondering why the performance is worst in Crosswalk 5, even when both builds are running with canvas2d renderer.
Thanks.
Last edited by cesisco on Thu May 22, 2014 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 5:50 pm

I've made the jump from CocoonJS to XDK due to multiplayer support.
I've just exported ready to upload to the google play store but when I test the .apk file from the email it does not let me update the older CJS app on my phone. It says a package with an existing name exists. Conflicting signature.
If I jarsigner and zipalign the files I get the same issues.
When trying to upload to google play both versions do not work.

I am getting
"Upload failed
Your APK has been signed with multiple certificates. Please only sign it with one certificate and upload it again.
You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):"
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General