Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi,

I started to live some problems when I build my ios app in Intel XDK s Legacy Hybrid App. It now gives the error after I build the game and when I use apploader in my mac:

WARNING ITMS-9000 "Missing 64-bit support. Starting February 1, 2015, new iOS apps uploaded to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK, included in Xcode 6 or later. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of "Standard architectures" to bulid a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code."

Plus it gives lots of errors of Game icons and splash screens for iPhone6 support. I have uploaded all the icons and splashscreens in splashscreens section.

I basically export my app as HTML and build it as a legacy hybrid app as ios production. The game is online but I tried to integrate Leadbolt ads with iframe in it and now I can not upload it with apploader. I really hope there is a solution to this.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:38 am

New this week... **I'm having horrible luck with Intel XDK exporting crosswalk/android. I finally got Java under control after seeing what worked for others on this forum and the game emulates fine, but any exported apks from Intel crash my LG G2 and crash Bluestacks? I don't know what I'm missing...** Now, the latest Cocoonjs is treating me real well. The CocoonJS Launcher android app is working great for testing, but the best thing was the exported apk. It loaded onto my LG G2 and runs very smooth. I have to say it was very annoying trying to figure out why my Construct 2 wouldn't show Cocoon in export! Why have this hidden "right-click to show deprecated exports" thing? It should be stated clearly somewhere in the export menu.

**Update - I was having problems with XDK until I tried http://shatter-box.com/wiki/how-to-build-with-crosswalk/. The only thing different from other tuts was this one said to create a new blank project in XDA first, then target the www folder generated by XDK when you export your C2 Android. I was exporting from C2 first and trying to copy/paste it into the www folder and just not having successful apks. Anyway, maybe this will help other...

Now, having made a successful apk via Crosswalk and CocoonJS, I can offer this observation - Both run pretty smoothly on LG G2. The difference is, the CocoonJS is half the size of the XDK apk and the CocoonJS is triggering sounds without delay. The XDK mouse-touch-play-sound is way off.

Reading some more I see why people are skeptical of CocoonJS. I'm happy with the export, but wary of what pricing will be revealed in the future.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:41 am

We are waiting for crosswalk 9 to be promoted to stable. Expected next week and then a little more time for us to put it on the build system and test.

Silverforce wrote:
IntelRobert wrote:@Silverforce

Crosswalk 9 has the patches for the cordova vulnerability. It also has the fix for having too many images problem, which you were seeing on crosswalk 8,

I've updated to the most recent XDK, build with Beta Crosswalk and it's still stuck on loading bar, so I'm assuming the latest beta is Crosswalk 8.

So Crosswalk 9 in XDK is scheduled for the next release, do you have an ETA? :)
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:13 am

@IntelRobert

I haven't been following this thread lately, but has the WebGL mode blacklist been disabled?
B
S

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes. Blacklist is disabled.

GameThirsty wrote:@IntelRobert

I haven't been following this thread lately, but has the WebGL mode blacklist been disabled?
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi @IntelRobert

I haven't updated my game's build since 14th November. Would you suggest I build it again, have there been any updates that will lead to smoother gameplay?

Also, I recently met someone with an S3 Mini and they showed me my game running very badly on their device, at around 1FPS! Is this a known issue within crosswalk?

Thank you!
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:12 pm

So, what kind of performance should I expect on a low-med powered device? Specifically, 1.2ghz dual core, android kitkat 4.4.2, 800x480, antutu score of ~13,000?

Have tried a couple of my own projects, as well as some of the scirra templates (space blaster and ghost shooter). Framerates aren't that great, ghost shooter rain demo get's about 10-12fps, space blaster maybe 20-30fps (just a guess, have to re-export with fps meter). Ghost shooter reports webgl.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:22 am

Hi,

I'm really happy with XDK up to now, so I guess I'll use it for both Android and iOS exports.
My game project is now finished, and I tried to import it into my Google Play account. Then the following problem occured : APK files may not be more than 50Mb. My game (exported with XDK) is about 80Mb for one version (there are two : ARM, x86).

Google is asking me to use APK extension files, but I have no idea if this is possible with a project exported with Intel XDK. Is there a way to do it, or is it a workaround ?
Or are the projects exported with XDK for Android limited to aound 34Mb (+ Chrome)?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:25 am

Hi,

I just found out that in order to avoid the ios build splashscreens problem you need to add the following lines to your
"intelxdk.config.additions.xml" file inside Intel XDK. Just copy and paste the below lines and name your splashscreens in the same filenames after you create them in Photoshop or other software.

<icon platform="ios" src="images/ios/180x180.png" width="180" height="180" />

<splash height="2208" platform="ios" src="images/ios/1242x2208.png" width="1242" />

<splash height="1242" platform="ios" src="images/ios/2208x1242.png" width="2208" />

<splash height="750" platform="ios" src="images/ios/1334x750.png" width="1334" />

<splash height="1334" platform="ios" src="images/ios/750x1334.png" width="750" />

Just make sure you create a folder named "ios" inside your images folder and name your splasscreens as written above.

e.g."750x1334.png"

When you build you won't face the problem of missing splashscreens and be able to upload your ipa file to app store with apploader easily.

Also I found out that you can build your ios app in a PC not a Mac but you just need Mac to upload your file because apploader is only a software for MAC. I saw some articles saying there are some companies uploading your app to appstore but for that you need to give your user name and all other info.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:08 am

Hi @volcank... thanks so much for the nice tip. I was wondering what to do with all those build issues. :) Jason
Last edited by jay333 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General