Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:12 pm

You can track the WebStorage issue here: https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

Silverforce wrote:
Just tested the beta build, xwalk 10. Good news, it works, Star Nomad loads fine and runs a bit faster.

BAD NEWS. WebStorage LocalValue is reset. The old saved-game based on WebStorage is deleted, starting afresh.

Xwalk 10 must have changed the way it handles localhost, because by default, WebStorage saves the app data based on the current localhost IP & port, something like 10.0.0.7:50000 (or thereabouts). When that IP/port is changed, WebStorage cannot retrieve saved app data and thus builds a new empty one under the new IP/Port.

I can't update Star Nomad Elite since Xwalk7/8/9 has the security glitch and 8/9 (bug) doesn't load big games with lots of images.

Phuck me. /facepalm

Edit: Stable (7) remains fine for function, but still triggers security alert from Google.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:26 pm

IntelRobert wrote:You can track the WebStorage issue here: https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

Thanks.

It looks like they have a similar bug to CJS's WebView+ on the newest version, related to user profiles for storing data.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:03 pm

i just got started with intel xdk and got some problems here,

When i create a new project and set everything up and build it everything works fine, but if i got a new version i click on upload files and try to build again an get a message that says "build fail"

Plugins permissions:
Device
Media
SplahScreen
Facebook connect
AdMob

Build settings:
Fullscreen (checked)
Signed (checked)
Orientation: Landscape
Crosswalk version: stable
android version: 14 - 19

Build fail message:

BUILD FAILED
.../tools/ant/build.xml:653: The following error occurred while executing this line:
.../tools/ant/build.xml:698: null returned: 1

Total time: 1 second
Error code 1 for command: ant with args: release,-f,.../pongtoohard/build.xml

Can anyone help me with this?
---------------------------------------
Update:
i have figured out that it have to do something with the facebook plugin, if i disable them everything works fine.
How can i get the facebook plugin to run?
Or should i use the phonegap facebook plugin?
Read this:
yeah, i really like to say that you should "Read this:"
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Hello, Is there a list of troubleshooting options I can use in attempt to find out why my game no longer installs on my device? I published an app on the Google Play store and used Intel XDK to build it. The game works fine from the store, but when I updated some of the art and events, I can no longer test the game on my device. I have tried removing AdMob, any other plug ins, and everything I added, but the game will still not install. Are there some key reasons as to why this might be happening? Please, any amount of info will be a great help, I am running out of ideas on things to try and really want to update this game.

There are no error messages or codes other than, "the application won't install". I tried removing AdMob and anything new I added, but it still will not work. Everything is up to date. Last night I tried to use the Infinite Jumper Mobile template from Construct 2 and that one worked on my device. That leads me to believe that I must have an error somewhere in my Construct 2 file versus it being an Intel issue, but maybe it is something else. I have tried rebooting my device, uninstalling, clearing cache, tried on another device and they all failed. I also tried comparing that template to my project to see if I altered a setting by accident, but could not come across anything different in the properties.

So is there anything anyone can think of as to why my game apk no longer installs on my device? I have to be overlooking something.
Last edited by Shack on Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Can someone please confirm if the issue of webstorage being wiped in the new crosswalk has been resolved before I update my app?
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:45 pm

There is a new Crosswalk 10 beta that has the fix, but it is NOT in the Intel® XDK build system yet. We are testing it this week.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 pm

does the standard IAP plugin work with crosswalk yet? or do I have to use the Cranberry one?
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Where can I check to see when this webstorage issue is resolved?

The link below it says it has been resolved, but I'm guessing that doesn't apply to the end user exporting with IntelXDK?
https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

I really want to update my app. For now can I use either Stable or Beta crosswalk build to bypass the webstorage bug?
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:35 pm

@imaffett
@IntelRobert

I updated Star Nomad Elite on Android with XDK stable build (I'm assuming its Crosswalk 7) and so far everything is fine, I no longer get any Google security warnings and everything else works as it should.

I also notice it runs a bit smoother when I run in ART mode. So far so good! Thanks guys.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:57 pm

We are waiting for QA to finish on the updated crosswalk 10 before updating the build system. You can watch for an update here: https://twitter.com/intel_xdk.

Several people have reported that rebuilding/rebsubmitting with stable (crosswalk 7) gets rid of the warning. We haven't changed anything so I don't know why that works, but it is harmless to try. Crosswalk 7 does not have the webstorage problem.

FredQ wrote:Where can I check to see when this webstorage issue is resolved?

The link below it says it has been resolved, but I'm guessing that doesn't apply to the end user exporting with IntelXDK?
https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3252

I really want to update my app. For now can I use either Stable or Beta crosswalk build to bypass the webstorage bug?
Intel Corporation
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General