Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Message: rusdevmob is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Intel Customer Support :
the upgrade to Crosswalk 10 required a change to the way we sign your app that may result in some older Android 4.0 devices failing to install your app, because these older devices do not support SHA256withRSA signatures.

And indeed, I compiled my application with Crosswalk 10, and my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray (Android 4.0) gives an error in Google Play "your device is not supported."
How to correct this situation? Do I need to setup Google Play indicate that my application is not supported on Android 4.0? To avoid negative feedback.

Sorry for my english.
B
4
Posts: 2
Reputation: 208

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:05 pm

@imaffett

I also tried three different open source codecs: WebM (VP8, vorbis), WebM (VP9, Opus), and OGV (Theora, vorbis). All of these worked aces in chrome for android.

Chrome and chromium support all these codecs, though chromium -- and, likely by extension, crosswalk -- doesn't not support MP4 (h264, aac) due to licensing issues.

Hope this can be sorted; WebM (VP9, Opus) support would be particularly useful, as it is actually superior to MP4 (h264, aac) at low bitrates, which really helps with scooting in under the 50mb limit for android.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
44
S
10
G
10
Posts: 1,106
Reputation: 9,187

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:36 am

Cipriux wrote:@dcadjust @heisendev on AdMob account disable text banners. I noticed that animated text banners are the cause.


Thanks Cipriux. Will give that a try.
B
43
S
13
Posts: 117
Reputation: 3,194

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:38 am

dcadjust wrote:
Cipriux wrote:@dcadjust @heisendev on AdMob account disable text banners. I noticed that animated text banners are the cause.


Thanks Cipriux. Will give that a try.



Hi All. just to let you know this has worked for me. My game is running smoothly now disabled text banners. I hope the issue eventually gets fixed. Right now it doesn't matter as my game is not really being played by anyone and I am making no money from it. I see this more as a learning experience. Things to keep in mind as I go along. Hopefully in the future I start delivering games people do want to play and by then ads works well. :)
Thanks for the help. Appreciated as always.
B
43
S
13
Posts: 117
Reputation: 3,194

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi @TiAm

I ran a test using App Preview and the XDK using crosswalk. I had it load upwww.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html and WebM and MP4 worked fine. Ogg/Theora did not load.
Intel Corporation
B
5
S
2
Posts: 133
Reputation: 871

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:22 am

dcadjust wrote:
dcadjust wrote:
Cipriux wrote:@dcadjust @heisendev on AdMob account disable text banners. I noticed that animated text banners are the cause.


Thanks Cipriux. Will give that a try.



Hi All. just to let you know this has worked for me. My game is running smoothly now disabled text banners. I hope the issue eventually gets fixed. Right now it doesn't matter as my game is not really being played by anyone and I am making no money from it. I see this more as a learning experience. Things to keep in mind as I go along. Hopefully in the future I start delivering games people do want to play and by then ads works well. :)
Thanks for the help. Appreciated as always.



Some more feedback - Did some more testing last night for a longer time and sad to say the the huge frame rate drop is still there. For now I think I will stick with interstitial ads until the problem is resolved.
B
43
S
13
Posts: 117
Reputation: 3,194

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:45 am

@dcadjust

What about jittering in Crosswalk? Is is only about banners,
or is it still Chromium issue?
B
18
S
6
G
1
Posts: 783
Reputation: 4,187

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:16 am

szymek wrote:@dcadjust

What about jittering in Crosswalk? Is is only about banners,
or is it still Chromium issue?


I wouldn't say jittering is a problem in my game. You can try the game and see what happens. Its a basic basketball/puzzle game. With ads on you will see a huge drop in frame rate then if you disable your internet connection so there are no ads the game runs much better

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hotmadness
B
43
S
13
Posts: 117
Reputation: 3,194

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:28 pm

@dcadjust

it works well, but it's only 1 ball :)
B
18
S
6
G
1
Posts: 783
Reputation: 4,187

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:22 pm

szymek wrote:@dcadjust

it works well, but it's only 1 ball :)


You mean with Ads on? Yes only one ball :) but on my galaxy tab 3 with ads- frame rate just dies. I feel it is crosswalk related. On the previous version ads had some effect on performance but not this drastic.
B
43
S
13
Posts: 117
Reputation: 3,194

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests