Crosswalk Performance Mega-thread

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:19 pm

@Egyptoon - please see the previous posts I've made. Intel XDK updates are independent of Crosswalk updates, builds, etc. Keep in mind, the XDK is an IDE that provides an immense amount of features outside of just "builds". Also, Crosswalk updates come independently of XDK updates.

We are in face to face meetings (most of the team) in Santa Clara this week. I hope to have something to report next week on the CW11/12 front.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Clickteam is great software for mobile, the price is cheap, output apk very small and there's built-in transition between scene.

Personally, i can live with the wrapper that build with crosswalk even i'm never published any games yet. The only wish for me is capabilities to make apk extension or obb. Once it can be done i'll stick with construct 2 as long as i can.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:11 pm

nikosurfing wrote:Clickteam is great software for mobile, the price is cheap, output apk very small and there's built-in transition between scene.

Personally, i can live with the wrapper that build with crosswalk even i'm never published any games yet. The only wish for me is capabilities to make apk extension or obb. Once it can be done i'll stick with construct 2 as long as i can.

Not an april fools joke - we're working on that and hope to have it available soon (obb extensions)
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:36 pm

This thread hasn't seen any action in a week. Any news on the CW front?
B
G

Post » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:57 am

I'm really upset and tired of waiting.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:42 am

@headpain and @egyptoon

Yes there is progress. I am hoping to have CW11/12 up on staging very soon. On the Crosswalk 7 front, the Crosswalk team has updated the Chromium base to include the Open SSL fix. The only problem is that the Chromium team did not rev the Open SSL version identifier, so it will still report 1.0.1e instead of 1.0.1h - https://github.com/crosswalk-project/cr ... rosswalk-7

I hope to have news about all of them next week.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:33 pm

@imaffett
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh !
YESSSS that's EXACTLY what i need, PLEASE tell me when they fixed Crosswalk 7 and when it become available in Intel XDK to build with, it'll be AWESOME!
Thanks alot for your reply. I'm waiting for this.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:05 pm

imaffett wrote:On the Crosswalk 7 front, the Crosswalk team has updated the Chromium base to include the Open SSL fix. The only problem is that the Chromium team did not rev the Open SSL version identifier, so it will still report 1.0.1e instead of 1.0.1h - https://github.com/crosswalk-project/cr ... rosswalk-7

I hope to have news about all of them next week.

Wow, that's great, really hope that this will be fixed.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:11 pm

I also need the Crosswalk 7 Open SSL Fix STRONGLY. Google Play texted me, stating that my current app (build with Crosswalk 7) might get removed because of this issue - this is terrible!!!!! The alternative is using Crosswalk 10, which has terrible performance...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:38 pm

that's the best news i've heard all week! I don't have the stones to re publish my 7 build to the playstore, and I know the 10 is costing me. Thanks Ian!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... za.kapowza
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General