CrowdGaming - your smartphone is your controller

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:21 am

@onemuppet

Question for you, What does this mean in the nodejs console

Some of the lines specify just one broadcast to all players, eg: "Alert" as you can see in the example.
Some of them have multiple broadcasted signals, like the last line.

The issue i'm having is that, the last line for example, should be broadcasting the world "EventDeactivate", but it seems to be truncating the end of it. I tried shortening the broadcast word, but it still seems to drop a letter or two at the end.

Any idea what's going on ? Is it trying to broadcast more then one thing at a time?
Are the commands between each | line a seperate "action#" signal?

thankx
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:43 am

@justifun PoisonDarts, sounds like fun! :)
That is most likely a bug in my getSendToObject method which does some parsing. I'll have a look at it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:03 am

@justifun I had tangled myself into a substring mess, I've cleaned it up now, thanks for spotting it! :)

function getSendToObject(str) {
var pieces = str.split('|'), to = pieces.splice(0, 2)[1], msg = pieces.join("|");
return {to: to, msg: msg};
}

I'll try to update the latest beta package, or if I can't do that I'll upload a new one and notify everyone.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:52 am

@justifun I've shared the 4.4 release with you. I have change some names of actions, due to spelling mistakes. This could cause a lot of problems for you if you use an old capx, with this new crowdgaming plugin. I had to rename my capx to zip, then open the archive and rename the action/conditions/expressions that had changed. Basically you start your capx, see which error C2 throws at you and then to correct these in the mgbase.xml located in the crowdgaming.capx zip archive.

Let me know if anyone want help you clean up your capx? I don't want you to go nuts and stop using the CrowdGaming plugin since you've invested time in it. :)

I will share the 4.4 release everyone else soon, wait for the email.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:14 pm

New release 4.4.1!
- Added a simple drawing "game"
- minor bugfixes
- Action1 through 4 are now string only, make sure you update your event sheets and change Action1 = 2 to Action1 = str(2) or Action1 = "2"
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:48 pm

@justifun @ximo @Amadeus @russpuppy @rocky53204 @nonom @oldandgrey @Djfuzion @socialpilgrim @miketolsa @stefanos

Has anyone had a chance to try out the 4.4.1 release? @rocky53204 had problems getting past the "Connecting" screen when starting it up, but I cannot re-create that problem. Is anyone else experiencing any problems?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:57 pm

@oneMuppet - working fine for me after i double checking that i updated all of the files.

@rocky53204 - did you make sure to change the crowdgaming properties to your machines local IP address? that's usually why i get stuck on the connecting screen
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:42 pm

No afraid not, just back from hols and trying to catch up on a zillion different fronts lol
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:57 pm

I just found a bug in the "Send heartbeat", "On Heartbeat" part of the crowdgaming plugin. I'll upload a new version, 5.1 this version will also include a new feature called "Storage property". This is like a global storage that is "Shared" between all connections. If one connection or the main game change a storage property it will be pushed out to all the other connections.

There are three parts to the "Storage property" feature:
The Action: "Set storage property",
The Expression: CrowdGaming.GetStorageProperty("CurrentMission")
The Event On storage property changed
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm doing a 1.5h talk at a conference next week about CrowdGaming, construct2 and nodejs. So I figured I'd go back to the roots of gaming and implemented a MassiveCrowdGaming (MCG) version of Pong! Hopefully there will be enough people in the crowd with a mobile phone ready so that we have a huge pong battle going, simple but fun ;)

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and Resources