Crypta (Match 3)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 12:52 pm

[QUOTE=boucha] Nice work man! I like the skull theme, it's a cool change from the usual, I'd like to see a "rock/music" type theme with "guitar licks/solo's" & "drum fills" for sounds/actions, like a crazy solo while nice big multiple/consecutive matches are crunching together?[/QUOTE]
Your suggestions seem fitting, although the game's audio will mostly depend on what I can do with my limited skills in that department. For music I will most likely need an outside contributor.
[QUOTE=boucha]I realize it's only vanilla at the moment with much to add but is/will it be possible to match "Diagonally"?
[/QUOTE]While it's possible to add this functionality to the engine, I don't actually want it in the game. There will be a few features that should make gameplay more interesting though.
[QUOTE=boucha]Anyway, it worked smoothly in Chrome, I actually had to pull myself away![/QUOTE]Glad to hear that you enjoyed it already. And congrats on that highscore!

[QUOTE=Xavier]Do you mind showing a screenshot of the events you use to exchange the objects if they are in the very next cell?
I'm using an invisible image with a cross shape, but I'm having trouble with the events. It works but it's still buggy sometimes. Otherwise I'll just ask in another thread. Thanks.[/QUOTE]If you take a look at my older Construct Classic match 3 example, you might get some hints about this. It also used an invisible sprite for this.

Although in the newer (and superior) engine, I do all this stuff within the array itself. I use an index to reference game blocks. So I'll know by the difference in the index number, if a block is adjacent or not.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 3:15 pm

look very nice and i dont have any problem with the performance.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Can you share the Capx?
ive been trying for a week now, and i simply cant get around doing it proberbly
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Just a little heads up:
I dug up the old Crypta project in order to use it as a testbed for Clay.io integration. Here's the present result (click image to play):

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations