Current construct 2 API solutions? Leaderboards, Achievments

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Are there any current good solutions for integrating api's like leaderboards and achievements into your game? For example, I'm working on cross-platform games and using google play and game center for achievements and leaderboards, and a lot of my gameplay is centered around competing on the leaderboards. I want a replacement for when those services aren't available. (Mainly web hosting)

I'm not that interested in a local leader-board, and I know scirra arcade has a leaderboard, but I'm looking for something that works essentially anywhere, regardless of hosting location. We used to have exactly this with the clay.io plugin but that has since been discontinued.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Bump. I wonder if there is there is any other demand for this?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:22 pm

so you want a cross platform leaderboard that supports both ios and android? If so, google play already does that and so does facebook.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:47 pm

llfstudios wrote:so you want a cross platform leaderboard that supports both ios and android? If so, google play already does that and so does facebook.

I mean something independent of platform. As far as I know, google play doesn't work on independently hosted sites. I know you can use your own php stuff but that generally requires a lot more overhead / extra objects, and isn't very secure.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General