Custom Movement collision glitchy?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:30 am

Hi

Im trying to use custom movement for gravity and collisions. I need custom movement behaviour for what im doing. Ive set up this test because the collisions seem broken. Can anyone see why this is happening?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8ez04gltv4zw ... _test.capx

The box keeps colliding differently every time you refresh the browser or play the file.
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:30 pm

What are you trying to achieve here exactly? Why not start with basic platformer movement and add complexity later on?

Anyway, here: https://www.scirra.com/manual/92/custom-movement
If you haven't already read through that, that's probably the first place to start.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:37 pm

I dont need the platform behaviour.
Im trying to make my own controls by using custom behaviour, but the collisions work very badly.
The example shows the box falling and overlapping the ground, instead of just stopping on top of the ground object. And its different every time you refresh the page, the collision result is varies.

:) i did already scour the forums for anwsers and the manual was the first thing i checked. I didnt find anything that helped with my problem.
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:45 pm

If you don't want your box to fall, then don't use the custom movement plugin right now. Instead just program the movement entirely from the event sheet. As for the buggy collisions, I've noticed that in the past too. I'm not sure what the answer to that is right now but I'm sure someone else knows.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 am

I agree with teacherpeter
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:12 pm

I use the platform behavior because of the collision detection and built in conditions, but then I make everything else on events (moving, jumping, double-jumping, ladders, dashing, etc). You have to disable default controls to do this
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?