Custom Movement, Push Out of Solids and Tilemaps

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue May 03, 2016 5:29 am

Yo,

+ Controller. Did anyone ever got it right? If so, could you please share your experience?

Cheers
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 am

not sure what you're asking?

i've done some cm, push out solids and such in my game, didn't use tilemaps though.

check here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136 ... index.html

p.s. if you don't see menu - > there's a new game button floating on the left upper side, so just randomly click around until you get it, it seems some font is causing sometimes problems and people do not see it, also there's options under it / but defaults are wasd + 4 on numpad for shooting.
everything is done with custom movement / pathfinding / pushing out solids and more...
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 03, 2016 3:26 pm

saiyadjin wrote:not sure what you're asking?

i've done some cm, push out solids and such in my game, didn't use tilemaps though.

check here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136 ... index.html

p.s. if you don't see menu - > there's a new game button floating on the left upper side, so just randomly click around until you get it, it seems some font is causing sometimes problems and people do not see it, also there's options under it / but defaults are wasd + 4 on numpad for shooting.
everything is done with custom movement / pathfinding / pushing out solids and more...

Ah, sorry. I have problem with weird pushing out. Will look at your example. thx

Basically, I'm using 360 degrees movement, using controller, and when player collides with wall it is pushing it out at high speed either to the right or if approached from the left, pushing out up. I'm using custom movement, and push out plugin ( thought same issue was with pushing out custom movement action ). Not sure that to do with that.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 03, 2016 8:23 pm

Perhaps it might be worth creating your own push-out algorithm that reverses the player's direction of travel until clear of the solid....? A While-Loop should work, as long as you make sure you can't teleport off screen in certain extreme cases!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General