Custom scrolling like Mario

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Always happy to help! But I forgot all about the "looking forward" thing, sorry. It's a bit tricky, but here's one solution at least:

MarioWorldScrolling2.capx (r99)

Camera's a bit jumpy if you run back and forth a lot, but maybe it's good enough?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Ha that's getting very close! Really impressed.

I'll try and have a play with that method too, I am sure others will find this information useful too.

I roughly understand what is going on but it might take me a while to get it to the point I can modify it. If I can improve on it I will upload.

Thank you again!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:15 pm

very useful thanks it is abit to jumpy im gona try n fix that were do you suggest to start with that cuz its good but its gotta be perfect maby i already tried tweaking the deadzone and scroll speed still jumpy what you thinking?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:01 pm

hey found qa different thread it helped me i think this is what you might be looking for
http://www.scirra.com/forum/solved-manage-scroll-behavior-metal-slug-like_topic45395.html
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey, thanks for that link! I will give that a go. I have got a pretty decent camera using 2 invisible objects, one as the camera that scrolls to the other object which is set to two different positions depending on whether the characters mirrored or not. Its nearly perfect, just a very slight jolt at the end if you look really hard!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?