Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

https//dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74175978/webfont%20error.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1.Disable the textbox action in the event sheet

2.Run the game

3.Custom webfont fails to load from the local directory

Observed result:

While the textbox is disabled or moved off the screen (not in view) the custom webfont fails to load. Re-enable the text box and both the text and the text box use the webfont.

Expected result:

Text being able to access the local files without needing the textbox

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: yes

Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 - Running through Parallels

Construct 2 version:

R.132 (Looked through the bug fixes in the beta releases and nothing is mentioned about this issue.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It works for me in Firefox Nightly and IE10, you just have to wait a moment for the font to load. Chrome appears to load the font after a moment, but it goes to some kind of serif fallback font for some reason. Your report indicates the problem reproduced on Firefox and IE, can you confirm this is the case?

• Ashley

Thanks for the rapid response.

Chrome 27.0.1453

The text box needs to be activated for the fonts to work no matter how long I wait. Its using Times New Roman as a place holder for some reason even though the original font in construct is Ariel

IE 10

Your correct, it does work but its taken anything up to 7 seconds to load here. Falls back to Times New Roman while its waiting.

Firefox 19.0.2

Again, like IE its working but its taking a long time to load, falls back to Times New Roman while its waiting.

Opera

Same again, takes time to load

Safari

Seems to be broken completely here.

It might be a case of my machine struggling to handle to OS running at the same time as to why its taking so long. Chrome seems to be where this bug is mainly being found though

• Here is a thread where there are some work around for chrome's slow loading.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/webgl-chrome-broken-webfonts_topic64198_post420039.html?KW=font#420039

In chrome if it doesn't load fast enough Chrome never updates it when it finishes downloading.

Load the font again later after it's cached to get it to show.

• Paradox

Thanks for the link, really helpful. Got the fonts working in all the browsers now.

Still a little slower than I'd like on my own local tests but users shouldn't notice.

• OK, I think this is a browser issue rather than a Construct 2 bug. If they just take a long time then that's not really anything we can fix ourselves - you might want to contact the browser vendors directly. Closing.

• Ashley,

I can reproduce the same problem when exporting to Node_Webkit... Custom webfonts fail to load if WebGL is enabled but everything works quickly and correctly if it is disabled. Is this, as I suspect, part of the same bug or is it something different?

Budgie.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)