Cutscene Problems

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Hey there,

I'm struggling with a cutscene for a few days now. I started the complete scene over and over again and now i came to the point, where i just can't go on. Usually i can do quite complex stuff in construct2, but i really struggle with something that shouldnt be that hard to do.
The scene is about: Camera scrolls to character > Character playing animation > Camera scrolls back to where enemy appear
This is done by triggering the story-variables for the different sections of the scene. Sorry i can only provide those 2 pictures of my event sheet.

Now what i don't understand, when the variable reaches 3, i saw in debug mode that it changes back to variable 1 and i kinda mixes the whole process with the 3rd part, ending in a total mess.
I couldnt get my head around what exactly is happening here. This is maybe the third time i did this scene, each time with different programming, but none ever get me the right results.
I really really need help with this, what is happening here?

B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:40 am

Okay, i just gave up on doing complex cutscenes in construct. The story-variable strangely messes up going up to 7, even if it's impossible getting that high, cause i never use add amount for this variable, only used "set to".

Probably just add prerendered animations.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:28 am

Making cutscenes is very possible..
Maybe you should lose the "wait" actions and use timers ( or wait for signal actions)..
I don't see any triggered events..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:06 pm

@LittleStain I tried that before, but thx anyway!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:25 pm

PulvererPeter wrote:@LittleStain I tried that before, but thx anyway!

It would take 1 minute to get it working..
Replace the wait with the timer behaviour..
The way you are doing it now every tick the wait action is called..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:59 pm

@LittleStain Ok if you say so, i'm gonna try it again, but as i said, i'm struggling for days with this and almost tried everything possible way known to me.
Anyway gonna test it again!
Thx Littlestain!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Okay, i had to start all over cause i deleted the whole cutscene. I never used timer before for this kind of stuff. So now the timer "story1" starts with 6 seconds and should set the "story-variable" to 1, right? But the timer doesnt work in this setup, am i misunderstanding the use of timers here?

B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Well, you are (re)starting the timer every tick, while you only should trigger it once..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:08 am

Oh stupid me! Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 am

Sorry to bother you again, i thought it's the "trigger once" which was missing. Now i tried it with that, but still doesn't work. I don't understand why...
I don't have any problems with the timer in my battle-system, they all work fine.
Guess i still have a lot to learn...

B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?