Dangerous Dave style shooting?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Shoot balls to destroy as many blocks as possible, at each stage the game will become more difficult.
  • I love the instant, invisible aiming Dangrous Dave uses: https://youtu.be/9Bo_dpRk3So?t=60

Obviously, invisible bullets is an option, he also aims at diagonals, is this more of a job for a line-of-sight technique?

• Yeah, los with about a 45 degree cone.

• Yeah, los with about a 45 degree cone.

Cool, is this a kind of expression? I've never actually used line of sight before, and obvious it's an extremely simple implementation of it, but I'm not sure what kind of expression to use

• It's a behavior. Put the bad guys in a family, and the behavior on the player.

Its pretty much all triggers, no expressions cept the range.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's my technique

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9xK1eRgR6BOX3hVTTNRd2tTRUU

Thanks for that, I'm just trying it with LOS first!

It's a behavior. Put the bad guys in a family, and the behavior on the player.

Its pretty much all triggers, no expressions cept the range.

So, i just need the LOS to go in a straight line ahead, but what about when I turn the other direction or point the gun up? It seems there's just a cone range in degrees to set?

• Mirrored would suffice for the opposite direction.

I don't recall it pointing up in the video.

It did change a frame if a target was higher or lower than the player.

• Mirrored would suffice for the opposite direction.

I don't recall it pointing up in the video.

It did change a frame if a target was higher or lower than the player.

Yes, if he points upwards, it's at a 45 degree angle. So, should I use an attached object for this and adjust its rotation, and would mirroring it affect the angle?

• Im pretty sure its based on the hotspot, so mirroring would not change the angle.

Of course if you place the hotspot anywhere off the center of the x axis it's going to wobble when changing.

• Im pretty sure its based on the hotspot, so mirroring would not change the angle.

Of course if you place the hotspot anywhere off the center of the x axis it's going to wobble when changing.

Do you have an example of using LOS in a platform situation like this? I love the idea of using it but I just need to be able to configure it for the 4 angles and I've never actually used it before so I'm not sure what I need to do with it!

• I'll do something with the platform template .

• I'll do something with the platform template .

Thank you!

• https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/666 ... anlos.capx

It might not be very noticeable, but I set it to change frame according to the y of the target.

If you want to shoot directly above you wouldn't use the los, you would compare the x, and y of the target.

Also the cone probably needs to be dialed in a bit.

Also, also

If you want it to shoot through solids, change the los to custom.

• dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/666516/temp/dandanlos.capx

It might not be very noticeable, but I set it to change frame according to the y of the target.

If you want to shoot directly above you wouldn't use the los, you would compare the x, and y of the target.

Also the cone probably needs to be dialed in a bit.

Also, also

If you want it to shoot through solids, change the los to custom.

Okay, in testing, it seems the cone part is going to be a problem since I have to make it small enough so it apparently works up-close, but then it's wide and you end up hitting them when your at a distance and quite high above them. Is there any way of doing this so the LOS acts like a beam rather than a cone? Basically, a beam the height of the player or a bit smaller that only hits when you're parallel to them Y-wise, and it's the same for any height? I'd use an invisible bullet, but I think that would cause problems with the instantaneous response I need. Maybe a custom LOS?

• Like I said you can mess with the los settings, or test the targets xy's, or use the third party ray trace plug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)