Dash up bird [DEVLOG]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The "Flying bird" game assets. The characters have been created with inspiration from popular mobile games
  • Hey guys,

I'm working on a small game for Android again. I think it will have around 20 level and it gets really hard later. You just have to pass various obstacles and reach the sun (You are in a cave). All you have to do is tapping.

Even if its not needed in such minigames, I tried to transfer a certain feeling to the characters. Hope you like it. I will post more stuff the next days.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Love the colors and the style!

• Thank you! clauddia06

• Lovely artstyle! I really dig the colors as well, keep up the good work! : )

• Elegant and beautiful. Good job!

• One word. Beautiful. Really dig the colors

• Thank you for the kind words guys.

Aurel

TiAm

Hope you find some time to try it when its out.

• Nice! Hope we can see more of it soon.

• Thank you very much! Bl4ckSh33p This is how the gamplay will look like. Greetings from Germany!

Sry for bad gif quality.

• Looks hardcore, pretty cool too - are the gates randomly generated? How do you balance it - I mean that bit just after the sine-like gate array seems like it could be quite deadly.

You mention levels - so what would be cool would be that everything gets ever brighter as you get higher - would let the player feel their progress + provide some visual differentiation. If not everything, then the background could be a taaallll gradient.

• Hey Thanks and you are right, this game will be very hard. Hope not too hard..but I try to integrate a nice learning curve.

The gates are not randomly generated. So I just designed the Levels and the speed of the gates is always the same.

Yeah and I have already thought about switching colors on every Level, but so far I havent found a way, how it would look great. So I have to experiment a bit.

• Short Update: Just the Titlescreen.

• Smart and unique take on the flappy bird idea. Looks challenging, stylized and clean graphically.

• This looks neat, I like the idea. I think with a minimal light hearted plot this could be something special. Artistically this is fantastic, so good job on that. I'm gonna follow this.

One thing though, I'm not a fan of the title. I gather you're early on, but when you get a chance, you should work on a more catching title. Heck, you could even call it 'A Flappy Story', or 'SkyBound', or something like that. Just an idea.

• Thank you!

blekdar Thanks! I am planning to implement a few dialogs. I am not a big fan of the title, too, but I think it works well for keywords.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)