Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:33 am

Sure, go ahead.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:12 am

@LaDestitute

This is an awesome example and I want to thank you for showing me this but it does not show me how I can achieve some kind of night time effects similar to Terraria,I want to have torches in this project of mine but i really am lost when it comes to this.I looked around for something similar in the tutorials but there is nothing. Thank you once again friend I just wish I could figure this out.
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:04 am

@TheNewGuy

you are not making it very clear, what it is you want. I looked at terraria on youtube and don't see what you mean exactly.

I think you just want to add a darker layer on top and using blend-modes make sprites attached to your torches to see the layer beneath as if it isn't darkened.

Her's a (not so very good) example, it's just to show what can be done, please look at the blendmode-example provided with C2 to learn more about blendmodes:

Very simple and bad example
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:57 pm

@LittleStain I apologize for not telling you more information but littlestain I am really a noob when it comes to this and not everyone can learn the same way.What do you do when you have no experience at all in game making? I just ask other people like yourself, some people get mad at me and some help me but i have been beaten down because of my lack of knowledge so much it really sucks.
I just wanted to know how to implement a day and night feature that has working torches similar to terraria. Nobody has this in a game that ive seen thus far
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Is the example I made not what you want?
If not, could you please tell me what you'd like to be different?

In terraria it looks like they use this or a similar technique..
they darken everything on the layout except for a little area around the torches.

I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?